Community Ambassador - Syracuse, NY
Where You Come In:
- You will host events.
- You will partner with exciting local events and organizations.
- You will act as the online moderator and voice of Yelp in your community.
- You will support the local Elite Squad.
- You will assist with the Local Yelp newsletter
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You reside in Syracuse and consider yourself a local expert.
- You are passionate about event planning, social networking, guerrilla marketing and PR.
- You are someone with that has fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- You live to write; write to live. You know who you are... pencils down!
- Time management is your middle name and your ambition does push-ups while you sleep.
- You thrive when you’re in control of your own schedule.
- You can’t put a price on punctuality; being late is your biggest pet peeve.
- This is a 1-year program
- You must be flexible 10-15 hours per week.
- You must currently reside in Syracuse, NY and have reliable transportation options, and be 21+.
- You will not be restricted to working only for Yelp but may not qualify if you are a business owner, closely affiliated with a business owner (think spouse, general manager, social media manager, partner, etc.), or work for one of our competitors because they present conflicts of interest.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style.
- Resume highlighting your relevant experience.
- A link to your Yelp profile.
See Inside the Office of Yelp
Yelp is an online guide and mobile app that connects people with great local businesses. With instant access to millions of reviews, Yelp helps users locate local hot spots, make reservations, and order their favorite foods. Yelpers can read helpful tips, view photos, and chat about dos and don’ts before planning their own fun-filled experiences.
Back to top