Community Ambassador - Knoxville
Do you love Knoxville? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots?
As the Knoxville Community Ambassador, you’ll be a part-time, fixed-term Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp. Community Ambassadors are creative, driven, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, friendly, and fearless.
- You reside in Knoxville and consider yourself a local expert.
- Passionate about event planning, social networking, guerrilla marketing and PR.
- Fire in the belly. Walks through walls. Takes no prisoners. In a word: driven. Even when no one is watching. Especially then.
- Social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too.
- Lives to write; writes to live. You know who you are... pencils down!
- Time management is your middle name and your ambition does push-ups while you sleep.
- You thrive when you’re in control of your own schedule.
- You can’t put a price on punctuality; being late is your biggest pet peeve.
(About the Role) Yelp Community Ambassadors:
- Host events.
- Partner with exciting local events and organizations.
- Act as the online moderator and voice of Yelp in your community.
- Support the local Elite Squad.
- Assist with the Weekly Yelp newsletter.
- 1-year program.
- Flexible 10-15 hours per week.
- Must currently reside in Knoxville, have reliable transportation options, and be 21+.
- Not restricted to working only for Yelp.
Ready to apply? Submit the following (all required):
- Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills, general personality and style.
- Resume highlighting your relevant experience.
- A link to your Yelp profile.
Back to top