Client Platform Engineer
Yelp is looking for an experienced engineer to join the Client Platform Engineering team in San Francisco, CA. This team is responsible for thousands of client endpoint devices across multiple platforms and the services which support them.
The ideal engineer is a team-player, as well as someone who can work independently, has strong knowledge of toolsets across a variety of operating systems, and has proven experience architecting enterprise-class solutions. You will continue to learn, grow, and help us take on brand new challenges.
What You Will Do:
- Automate everything with Puppet, Git, and Jenkins.
- Manage client system infrastructure for Mac, Chrome OS, Windows, and mobile endpoints.
- Develop custom applications and services to automate processes, solve business problems, and empower Yelp employees to work more efficiently.
- Administer enterprise software including client deployment and package management.
- Mentor other engineers and share the skills you’ve learned.
- Partner with our security team to drive best practices.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Lead the diagnosis and solution to complex systemic problems.
- Work as the escalation point for support teams at Yelp
We Are Looking For:
- BS in CS, IT or a related discipline or equivalent work experience and 3+ years experience working in an engineering role
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack)
- Experience prioritizing projects and tasks effectively to complete deliverables on time while also supporting day-to-day issue escalations
- Strong initiative to independently develop solutions and make technical recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written – with ability to communicate clearly and at the right level of detail
- Working knowledge of the following technologies: Package management (e.g. Munki, Chocolatey), version control software (e.g. Git)
- Experience with CI/CD processes and platforms (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience developing web applications or Chrome extensions
- Experience with data reporting and visualization (e.g. Tableau, Splunk, osquery, SQL)
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top