Cinematographer and Digital Video Editor
Yelp Studios is looking for a creative Cinematographer/Editor to join our internal Studios team.
Do you have a unique perspective on how to visually tell a story? Do you enjoy composing two-camera shoots that make ordinary people look like heroes. Does boring corporate video make you dry heave? If so, we need you!
Yelp Studios is looking for someone to handle all aspects of audio, lighting and shooting on productions, both in-studio and on location around the country. This is not your traditional director of photography position. There is no key grip, best boy or production assistant here. We’re a small but growing team of creative individuals so you will need to have additional production skills beyond simply being stellar behind the camera.
Our productions range from live-action testimonials, web ads and video blogs to animated tutorials, product launch announcements and social media shorts. Sure, at times the stories we’re telling aren’t glamorous but that’s the fun part: coming up with new and interesting ways to keep our viewers’ attention while getting our point across. We’re constantly pushing ourselves to create engaging content that furthers our brand.
Primary responsibilities (Cinematographer)
- Film all live-action productions and work with the Director to match their vision
- Plan, setup and operate production equipment including cameras, audio and lighting for on-location and in-studio productions
- Capture still photography on-location and in-studio
- Shoot major corporate events, announcements, milestones, etc... Primarily this will focus on our San Francisco office but will occasionally require travel to other offices/locations around the country
- Source and direct additional crew for larger productions
- Maintain organized equipment inventory
Secondary responsibilities (Digital Video Editor)
- Edit non-scripted and scripted, internal and externally-facing videos
- Review, organize, and create detailed select sequences
- Create rough cuts and implement feedback from the director into final edits
- Create videos for various departments throughout the company to help reach large audiences over the web, social media and other platforms
- Edit music, dialogue, graphics, and color
- Juggle multiple projects and quick turnarounds
- To be considered, please include link to your portfolio in your resume
- 5+ years of experience with high-end (better than DSLR) shooting 5+ years of experience as a video editor
- Solid grasp of on-set and on-location audio recording
- Expert skills with Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Experience editing non-scripted and scripted content
- Experience editing for social campaigns
- Experience whittling down long (45+ minute) interviews into tight 2-3 minute stories
- Experience with DIT
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to manage workflow, multiple productions at a time and meet deadlines
- Strong time and project management skills Ability to travel up to 15 times per year for on-location shoots
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top