Business Systems Analyst - FP&A Applications
How excited do you get with new financial applications projects? Do you have what it takes to drive change and deliver excellence that impacts the Yelp business?
Yelp is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our San Francisco office. This person will support the Anaplan system environment by leading projects and enhancements related to optimizing Yelp's FP&A footprint in this planning and forecasting application, as well as any production support. Do you have the core competencies needed for this role, such as determining operational objectives by business functions, evaluating requirements, documenting constructing workflow charts and diagrams, and building and validating models using standard practices? If so, then we want you on our growing team!
The Yelp engineering culture is driven by our values: we’re a cooperative team that values individual authenticity and encourages “unboring” solutions to problems while having fun in a collaborative environment. Our Financial Systems team is a key member of the Engineering organization responsible for management of the company’s financial, billing and planning applications. This team works with the Finance organization to define and execute the vision and strategy. It’s on us to support major firm-wide initiatives while providing guidance and creative and innovative solutions.
Where You Come In:
- You will be the expert on Yelp's financial planning system.
- You will be the leader as an equal partner to FP&A who will not only support the daily functions, but also provide an overall vision for where Yelp should invest in the tool and be the project manager spearheading future implementations from beginning to end.
- You will partner with FP&A closely to develop financial models based on business requirements. This includes validation of requirements and design with business and cross functional teams before starting development.
- You will administer application access on a timely basis and maintain security controls and system compliance.
- You will support business financial planning cycle and maintain integrations between Anaplan, Oracle ERP, Workday and data warehouse systems. You will also document inter-relationship between these data sources and definitions of data elements used for modeling.
- You will develop and maintain accounting and FP&A hierarchies and structures in Anaplan. You will also use the Anaplan methodology to ensure proper adherence to model development in the line with Anaplan standards.
- You will design, develop and publish models, reports, dashboards according to Anaplan standards. You will also ensure review and sign-off on product before deployment into production.
- You will provide user insights on future functionalities (i.e. excel add-ins) and remain current with any new release features and functions by aligning with Anaplan product teams.
- You will provide end user training to achieve self-reliance on model development and adoption, empowering users to take ownership of their respective model and advise on best business practices for improved data-driven decision making.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have strong skills and experience working with a multi-dimensional financial modeling tool. You also have an understanding of data dictionary and associated relationships from various sources (Oracle ERP, Workday and data warehouse systems).
- You hold a 4-year degree in Finance, Accounting, MIS or equivalent
- You have a strong analytical and problem solving skill set
- You have a passion for business analytics, modeling and planning
- You have an aptitude for quickly ramping up on new technology
- You have excellent communication and customer service skills
- You have the desire to work with a truly dynamic and exciting team
- You have Oracle Financial and/or Concur experience (a plus)
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top