Business Intelligence Engineer
What You Will Do:
- Partner with internal business teams to derive requirements and drive the delivery of insightful data dashboards.
- Work effectively with teammates and partners, following the Yelp Value of “Plays Well with Others”.
- Develop subject matter expertise on Yelp’s data and unlock opportunities across the company to visualize insights inherent in the data.
- Write complex SQL queries against Hadoop and Redshift.
- Establish best practices for data visualization and enable us to scale.
- Mentor other BI Engineers and evangelize the usage of data internally.
We Are Looking For:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years professional experience in BI.
- Strong experience using Tableau for the creation and automation of enterprise scale dashboards, standard reports, scorecards, and ad-hoc reports.
- Comfort writing scripts in Python/Perl/bash, etc.
- Experience in data modeling and working with star or snowflake schemas.
- Understanding of financial management systems (e.g. Oracle), human capital management systems (e.g. Workday), and CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce) is a plus.
- Knowledge of open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark is awesome.
- Good communication skills and a sense of humor!
Meet Some of Yelp's Employees
Software Engineer - Mobile Development (Android)
Carmen works on the Android Team, writing code and programming features for Yelp’s mobile app. She connects members to the online community and places Yelp’s resources at their fingertips.
Back to top