Business Intelligence Analyst
Yelp’s Business Intelligence and Data Integration team works with groups throughout Yelp and data from an array of diverse sources. The team creates business intelligence solutions that enable business leaders to make quicker, more informed decisions. We are looking for someone adept at engaging with business partners to understand needs and passionate about diving into data, unraveling the complexities, and designing business intelligence solutions.
You might be a great fit for this role if you are experienced working with multiple teams and various levels of management to understand business needs, elicit requirements, and collaborate on reporting and analytics projects and you have a background in data warehousing or data analysis with excellent SQL skills.
What You Will Do:
- Build relationships with key business partners, lead requirement gathering sessions, analyze source data and systems, and provide feedback on detailed data analysis in to guide data-driven decision making.
- Become a subject matter expert on Yelp data and share knowledge with Engineering, Product, and business teams to refine business understanding, and illumine areas of needed business improvement.
- Plan and execute business intelligence/analytics projects by collaborating with business partners, data engineering, and data visualization teams.
- Contribute to data strategy for data warehousing, reporting, dashboards, and self-service analytics.
- Exercise advanced knowledge of SQL to extract critical information and business value from data spread across multiple databases and data formats.
- Provide training and ongoing support to business users on business intelligence products.
We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Statistics, or a related field. Master’s a plus.
- 5 years of experience as a business systems analyst, data analyst/developer.
- Experience documenting business and technical requirements and directly interacting with engineers on business intelligence projects.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of statistics and KPIs (LTV, Churn, etc.).
- Advanced SQL skills and experience writing complex queries.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau preferred).
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top