Analyst/Senior Analyst, Business Operations & Strategy
Yelp Biz Ops (Analytics) & Strategy is chartered with identifying and driving strategic and operational improvements that deliver sustainable increases to contribution, traffic and financial results. As an Analyst on the Biz Ops (Analytics) & Strategy team, you will take the initiative to meet and exceed expectations for our charter. Biz Ops (Analytics) & Strategy works with our Sales organization to help design its incentive compensation system and pilot new products and price points. It works with our Marketing team to identify new and more efficient ways to acquire customers. It works with our Community Management organization to help identify new ways to encourage contribution (e.g. reviews, photos) from Yelp users. It works with our Product Teams to provide analysis needed to help determine coming product priorities. The Analyst, Business Operations (Analytics) & Strategy role is full-time and located in San Francisco, CA.
- Partner across Yelp’s business units to deliver strong financial results via analytically driven insights.
- Provide first rate analytic support via hands-on Excel work while leveraging other tools as necessary (SQL, Salesforce, Python, Google Analytics, Tableau).
- Identify actionable insights, exercise sound business judgment, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the Yelp’s business by effectively working with and communicating results to cross functional groups.
- Create Tableau dashboards that provide visibility into KPIs, marketing effectiveness and business trends/drivers
- 1-2 years relevant business experience (post college degree) solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, blue chip technology operating company or private equity fund.
- Quantitative undergraduate degree from leading institution.
- Superior hands-on analytic skills including very strong Excel modeling skills and interest in learning SQL.
- Exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration skills resulting in teams requesting to work with you again.
- Presence to interact with both executive management and front-line employees.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top