Analyst, Business Operations & Strategy
- Flexible / Remote
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? The Business Operations & Strategy team is responsible for identifying areas of improvement and driving the strategy behind those operational changes to deliver incremental and sustainable growth in user contribution, traffic, and revenue. As an Analyst, you will work cross-functionally with various segments of our business to support these initiatives. We work with our Sales organization to help design its incentive compensation system, pilot new products and price points to sell to business owners. We strategize with our Marketing team to identify new and more efficient ways to acquire new customers. We partner with our Community Management organization to help identify new ways to encourage contribution (e.g. reviews, photos) from Yelp users. We collaborate with our Product Teams to provide analysis needed to help determine the most impactful product priorities.
This is a full-time role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will partner across Yelp’s business units and use analytically driven insights to make strategic business decisions that will deliver strong financial results.
- You will provide first rate analytic support via hands-on Excel work while leveraging other tools as necessary (SQL, Salesforce, Python, Google Analytics, Tableau).
- You will identify actionable insights, exercise sound business judgment, suggest recommendations, and influence the direction of Yelp's business by effectively working with and communicating results to cross functional groups.
- You will create Tableau dashboards that provide visibility into KPIs, marketing effectiveness and business trends/drivers.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in Business, Math, Economics, or a related field.
- You have 1-2 years of relevant business experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- You have experience at a consulting firm, investment bank, blue chip technology operating company or private equity fund.
- You are passionate about analyzing data using your exceptional Excel modeling skills. Experience with SQL is a plus.
- You are an exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to communicate effectively and collaborate seamlessly across teams.
- You are able to engage and work efficiently with both executive management and front-line employees.
What you'll get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top