Account Executive, Yelp Restaurants
Love to dine out? Passionate about the industry and helping restaurants succeed? Yelp Reservations and Yelp Waitlist are powerful tools for amazing dining experiences. Our reservation and waitlist platform reaches and engages diners with an unforgettable experience on the largest restaurant discovery platform on the planet. Whether you’re planning two weeks or 20 minutes in advance, our mission is to empower diners to browse and book a table at a restaurant they will love.
As an Account Executive, you will partner with restaurants and bring them onto our restaurant platform. You’ll run the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing, and everything in between. Be excited to interact with restaurant owners and general managers primarily over the phone and at times in person, on the ground. You’ll also be part of the Yelp Sales Development Program, which is a two-year track for your professional growth. This transparent program outlines what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level. Increased compensation, title and responsibilities will keep your career moving in the right direction. If you’re looking for a career (not a job), a company that's invested in your personal development, a solid compensation package, great training, and have a passion for the restaurant industry, we know just the place.
- Manage your own opportunities and territory: utilize online and offline sources to cultivate new leads and develop/maintain your pipeline
- Drive the full sales cycle primarily through inside sales: make introductory calls, assess business goals through qualifying, and close the deal
- Become an expert in Yelp’s reservation and waitlist solution. Adapt product recommendations quickly to suit the client needs - asking probing questions and handling objections will be critical to your success
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales goals
What we’re looking for in you:
- You have an appetite for learning! You’re keen on turning training and feedback into action and continuous self-improvement
- You are committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethic
- You’re an excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive - show us your grit!
- You are genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and possess the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 1 year or more of outbound sales experience
- Experience with restaurant technology (reservation systems, waitlist systems, front-of-house mgmt tools) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills - no fear of the phone
- General computer and email proficiency, experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time within a fast-paced environment
Training and Development
- Comprehensive initial two week training with ongoing career development support and opportunities through the Yelp Sales Development Program
- Learn industry-leading communication and sales techniques that will enable you to find solutions for your clients and close deals
- Gain extensive knowledge of the industry’s leading CRM tool, Salesforce
- Train with current top producers and improve daily with feedback and experience
- The Yelp Sales Development Program provides a transparent path for professional growth by outlining what you need to be doing every day, month, and quarter to reach the next level in our sales organization. As you progress through YSDP, you will be eligible for increases in compensation, title, and responsibilities, which will keep your career moving in the right direction.
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee-only coverage)
- 15 days PTO and 11 paid holidays (per year)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave plus up to 6 weeks paid pregnancy disability leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Access to fully stocked Yelp kitchens
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to $3,000 matching per year
- Employee stock purchase plan
Yelp values diversity. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Back to top