Is your work making an impact? Are you spending more time asking for permission than creating results? In just a few years, with hard work and talented teammates, Yello has built transformative technologies to reinvent the recruiting space, empowering employers to manage and mobilize complex recruiting processes. Our client-partners range from Fortune 500 companies to high-growth startups, and even more impressive, our scheduling solution was named a Top HR Product of 2015 by Human Resource Executive Magazine. If you are looking for a company that has a start-up feel, as well as solid funding and stability, then you’re a natural for Yello!
The purpose of this job is to be a key partner and collaborator with Product, Engineering and our other stakeholder teams to provide the best possible UI/UX designs at every stage of the product design lifecycle.
We will expect you to plan and oversee product vision from a high level as well as execute designs at a very granular level for our suite of web and mobile products. We will expect you to act as a voice of the customer, the voice of good design and user experience, and a key partner to our Product and Engineering teams. We'd love for you to research competitors, users, and various UX methods so that we're always staying ahead of the game.
In this role key deliverables will include assets/designs along every phase of the product design lifecycle, including initial wireframes all the way through high-fidelity interactive prototypes. We work using Agile Development methodologies, so the ability to think quickly, design quickly, and adapt quickly are all valuable skills.
In addition, you'll produce exceptional user interface designs as well as discuss and iterate on all designs throughout process. You'll also need to compose sophisticated app interactions and animations and export visual assets to our fantastic development teams.
Additionally, you'll generate and express ideas to product owners, designers, engineers, leadership and other stakeholders throughout the organization. Design is a very collaborative process at Yello, and this role will involve a lot of interpersonal interaction, and is definitely not a "behind the scenes" role!
The UI/UX team at Yello falls within the broader Product Team that also includes Web Product Owners, Mobile Product Owners, Integration Management, and Technical Communications. You'll be joining a team of fun, ambitious and passionate people who want to continue pushing the boundaries of our product portfolio!
- Bachelors Degree preferred, ideally in UI/UX or another relevant subject. Open to consider different educational background based on professional experiences.
- Experience Requirements: At least 4+ years of experience designing digital products on a variety of platforms, including web and mobile (iOS and Android)
- Strong understanding and consideration for user experience Working knowledge of Sketch for OS X, Adobe CC
- Ability to create polished, production-ready UI designs
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate design ideas to stakeholders of all levels within an organization
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, visual design assets, and interactive prototypes/high fidelity mockups
- Understanding of overall customer needs and ability have a holistic view of design and user experience; ability to deliver on short term needs that fit into long term vision
- Familiarity with design sprints and the agile methodology
- Ability to actively and constantly collaborate with other employees including product owners, designers, web and mobile engineers, quality-assurance engineers, leadership, and more
- Experience working in a company practicing Agile development methods (sprints, scrums, etc.)
- Polished presentation skills
- Ability to always ask the question "why" when soliciting stakeholder feedback on design (and apply that same question to their own design ideas)
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States, full-time, for any employer.
Back to top