Senior Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer
Is your work making an impact? Are you spending more time asking for permission than creating results? In just a few years, with hard work and talented teammates, Yello has built transformative technologies to reinvent the recruiting space, empowering employers to manage and mobilize complex recruiting processes. Our client-partners range from Fortune 500 companies to high-growth startups, and even more impressive, our scheduling solution was named a Top HR Product of 2015 by Human Resource Executive Magazine. If you are looking for a company that has a start-up feel, as well as solid funding and stability, then you’re a natural for Yello!
You’ll be key member of the Yello Infrastructure and Security Group. As a senior engineer you’ll be responsible for the mission critical services that keep the Yello Enterprise platform running. You must enjoy working with people and possess the ability to communicate technical information to users with a varying level of technical experience. Technical and performance troubleshooting skills are a must. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team that values hard work, experimentation, and a “nothing is impossible” mindset.
- Help build a cloud operations strategy to deliver high availability and performance
- Implement scale-up / scale-down strategies based on various utilization metrics
- Build out, maintain and run a world class fully automated cloud infrastructure on AWS and other IaaS providers
- Drive a culture of “infrastructure-as-code” instead of “traditional IT practices”
- Oversee infrastructure spend and budgets
- Work closely with engineering managers and our support team to move Yello cloud operations to the next level
- Help manage SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and Hadoop
- 5+ years of professional Linux systems administration or DevOps experience
- Experience building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Experience managing AWS, Rackspace, Azure or other IaaS installations
- Experience provisioning and maintaining clusters of servers that will support petabytes of data
- Expertise specifying, designing, and implementing; traffic routing, health, performance monitoring
- Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing, caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc.
- Experience with applications that span multiple geographical locations
- Intimate knowledge of the Linux command line including shell scripting
- Strong scripting skills with Ruby, Python, or Perl
- Experience with systems configuration management and CI automation
- Strong standardization, policy and process drive
- A “nothing is impossible” attitude with the ability to get your own hands dirty when necessary
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States, full-time, for any employer.
Back to top