Is your work making an impact? Are you spending more time asking for permission than creating results? In just a few years, with hard work and talented teammates, Yello has built transformative technologies to reinvent the recruiting space, empowering employers to manage and mobilize complex recruiting processes. Our client-partners range from Fortune 500 companies to high-growth startups, and even more impressive, our Interview Scheduling solution was named a Top HR Product of 2015 by Human Resource Executive Magazine. If you are looking for a company that has a “start-up” feel, as well as solid funding and stability, then you’re a natural for Yello!
What You'll Be Doing:
You'll work with other highly skilled developers to build enterprise SaaS applications using Ruby on Rails and other modern web technologies. As a core team member of our web application platform team you will get to work on all aspects of our products. You'll be a part of a team that is focused on continuous improvement, code quality, good security, and software craftsmanship . You'll also share your passion for web development and aggressively seek out the best solutions to complex problems.
What You Should Bring To Us:
- Minimum: 2 years of professional experience
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related Degree
- Experience doing object oriented development
- Your drive for action and experience solving problems in a fast paced environment
- A desire to share knowledge and help others on your team grow
Helpful Experience (not required):
- Relational database design as well as proficiency in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience working through and on performance issues, tuning, scaling and security when working on the web.
- RSpec or relevant testing framework
- Agile methodologies
- Full Stack Development (RESTful API development would be considered a big plus)
- Non-relational data stores (Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, etc)
Our apps are currently being used by some of the largest companies in the United States, and your code will be used by thousands of professionals on a daily basis. Not only will you be helping our clients source the best new employees from colleges and universities, but you'll also be helping grads land their dream job. You'll get to help our company grow into a respected and recognized development organization.
At Yello, we work hard and we play just as hard. We are the trailblazers in our space and we take this seriously, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports MacBooks. We make work-life balance a priority through flexible work arrangements, office sports leagues, holiday parties and discounted gym memberships. And with a fully stocked kitchen, professional development programs, Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare and a 401K match – we’ve got you covered. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. You might even see one of them at the local karaoke bar, but not to worry, as they’ve been told not to quit their day jobs.
Back to top