VALUE BASED PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Value Based Programs Coordinator has responsibility and accountability for facilitating, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on all aspects of administrative and care delivery responsibilities required by the coordinators assigned value based programs. This position will report to the Director, Population Health Management, but will be responsible for working closely with physician, finance, and other administrative leaders on implementation and execution of certain value based programs at Yale New Haven Health. The Value Based Programs Coordinator will support the Vision of Yale New Haven Health to enhance the lives of those we serve by providing access to integrated, high-value, patient-centered care in collaboration with others who share our values. In support of this Vision, the System participates in a variety of value based programs aimed to improve the quality, care experience, and cost of health care delivery. The Value Based Programs Coordinator will play an integral role in the operationalization, oversight, and success of Yale New Haven Health relative to these programs. This position will be responsible for management of programmatic activities and must be a dynamic individual with a passion for improving the quality of health care delivery across the continuum of care an ability to build robust, collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders exemplary project management and organizational skills the ability to thrive in a complex, highly matrixed organization strong communication skills to keep system leadership and stakeholders apprised of program deliverables work autonomously and with minimal oversight, while being a strong team player.
- 1. Manages implementation activities related to initiation of certain value based programs including (as needed) development and execution of plans to launch governance and operations structures, ensuring readiness of necessary operations, data & reporting capabilities, and ensuring alignment of program stakeholders.
- 2. Coordinates ongoing activities of governance and operations councils and ensures dissemination of information to stakeholders.
- 3. Ensures implementation of program operations requirements throughout participating practice sites including development of necessary documentation to support implementation.
- 4. Ensures ongoing communication of program related information to governance and operations councils as well as to operations stakeholders and practice sites as required.
- 5. Monitors programmatic data and uses information to collaborate in identifying opportunities for improvement.
- 6. Uses established performance improvement methodologies and frameworks to drive projects focused on identified opportunities for improvement.
- 7. Is responsible for ensuring compliance with and timely response to all programmatic reporting requirements for assigned programs.
- 8. Influences and communicates with all levels of clinical, financial, and operational management concerning program goals and status.
- 9. Effectively collaborates with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective program development and performance.
- 10. Participates in YNHHS-wide task forces and committees to provide input and make recommendations for care transformation and outcomes improvement.
- 11. Participates in program-related learning collaboratives and facilitates dissemination of learning to program operations.
Masters degree in business, public health, health systems management, nursing, or other related field strongly preferred. Bachelors degree required. Advanced training in performance improvement methodologies and project management is preferred.
A minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in a healthcare or related setting such as healthcare provider ,
consulting, health related governmental programs or not for profits, with demonstrated progressively increasing
responsibilities. Experience in program and project management, team management, data analysis, and
performance improvement is required. Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and interact with diverse
internal and external stakeholders including executive stakeholders is essential. Background that includes
understanding of value based programs in healthcare, as well as Medicaid program structure is highly preferred.
A passion for improving the delivery of health care across the continuum, and collaborating with broad groups of internal and community stakeholders to do so. Superior communication and presentation skills. An ability to work collaboratively with and influence individuals at varying levels of the organization. Past experience delivering results in a matrixed work environment. Must be flexible, team-oriented, able to work independently and autonomously, a critical thinker, and excited for a steep learning curve.
Back to top