To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
In collaboration with physician(s), actively participates in the quality review process and assures continual improvement of nursing practice and quality patient care. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Provides indirect care to select patients and families.
- 1.1 Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages and applies development theories/concepts when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 2. In conjunction with Care Coordinator monitors patient records to assess the effective utilization of hospital resources.
- 2.1 Conducts admission reviews utilizing hospital approved criteria within 24 hours of admission to determine length of stay and compliance with third party payer regulations as evidenced by lack of denials.
- 3. Participates in data collection aspects of quality review.
- 3.1 Assists staff in the collection of quality review data.
- 4. Utilizes relevant research findings to support and advance nursing practice and improve patient outcomes.
- 4.1 Integrates relevant research findings into practice as evidenced by observation and feedback.
- 5. Professional Development
- 5.1 Attends educational seminars to maintain and meet expectations set forth by hospital and departmental standards.
RN License required
3-5 years clinical experience in the area of specialty. EXPERIENCE IN UTILIZATION REVIEW
Current RN licensure in the State of Connecticut.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and/or hear. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate. Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.
Back to top