To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assists in performing various patient care activities and related functions in the operating room under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. Essential duties and duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Responsible for transporting and positioning of patients.
- 1.1 Transports patients to and from the Operating Room in a timely manner as observed by supervisor.
- 2. Performs similar or related duties as required or directed.
- 2.1 Cleans shelves weekly according to established department procedures 90-95% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 3. Performs daily cycle cleaning duties in the operating room suites to provide an aseptic area in which surgical procedures can be performed.
- 3.1 Correctly follows housekeeping procedures for sanitizing and disinfecting the operating room suites 100% of the time as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Performs similar or related duties as required or directed.
- 4.1 Participates in orientation of new personnel as observed by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Good interpersonal skills, o Must have command of English language (both reading and writing).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms. They are occasionally required to sit. They must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top