To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs select non-therapeutic functions. Transports patient in a safe and efficient manner. Maintains safety, orderliness and cleanliness of procedural area/ nursing unit. Collaborates with other care givers to assist in the timely and efficient delivery of patient care. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Patient Transport.
- 1.1 Identifies correct patient(s) (via armband and verbal confirmation) for transport and transports patient(s) to the cardiac catherization laboratory (CVL) /electrophysiology laboratory (EPL) from in-patient units including but not limited to Schine 10, Richardson 10, Luscomb 10, Richardson 7 and Medease.
- 2. Room Turnover.
- 2.1 Assists with the efficient turnover of procedure rooms in the CVL and EPL including but not limited to disposal of used materials, disposal of used linens, disposal of trash, mopping of floor and making up table for next case. Performs these tasks according to established policy.
- 3. Maintains safe and clean patient rooms.
- 3.1 Performs patient room set-up and room cleaning when needed and under the direction of the Nurse Manager.
- 4. Performs other related duties as needed and/or directed.
- 4.1 Willingly assists other members of the health care team as directed and observed by Nurse Manager.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience cleaning in a healthcare environment preferred.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top