Thrift Shop Associate
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Thrift Shop Associate will cross train in all non-management positions as necessary to provide adequate coverage. Able to open and close the Shop and provide coverage as needed at the register. Able to effectively work with staff and volunteers. Demonstrates outstanding customer service and service excellence.
- Assist with the appearance of the Shop and merchandise.
- Prices merchandise according to established guidelines.
- Cross train to provide adequate coverage for effective operation of the Shop (Gift & Thrift).
- Able to perform sales associate functions including operating cash register.
- Opens and closes Shop in accordance with established policies and procedures as needed
- Demonstrates willingness to assist donors, customers, volunteers and staff members.
- Participates in the maintenance of a clean, safe and orderly work and sales area according to the daily needs of the Shop and established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for promoting Greenwich Hospital’s Standards of Excellence when assisting donors and customers at all times.
Education (minimum educational requirements) High School graduate or equivalent.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills required. Retail experience required.
Average retail environment and an active donation area Handling light objects most of the day, occasional effort with light to heavy weight objects. Standing and/or walking for most of the day.
Back to top