THERAPEUTIC REC FACILITATOR
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for promoting optimum development of children and families, As an integral member of the health care team, the Therapeutic Recreation Facilitator designs and implements therapeutic programs to meet the individual needs of the child within a group setting. Also provide instruction and supervision to volunteers. Assists CTRS in meeting therapeutic goals.
- 1. Supports Therapeutic Recreation in attaining goals and objectives for individual children and their families.
- 1.1 Maintains continuity of care for the children, including their families when appropriate, communicating with multidisciplinary team members.
- 2. Observes patients during therapeutic activities and interactions on the milieu and shares significant information with the health care team.
- 2.1 Provides supportive relationships to children and their families.
- 3. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills to ensure smooth functioning of Therapeutic Recreation.
- 3.1 Maintains effective oral and written communication skills.
- 4. Effectively supervises volunteers who assist in meeting departmental program needs.
- 4.1 Directs work of volunteers in order to most effectively meet patient needs.
- 5. Maintains the child's relationship with parents and other family members.
- 5.1 Provides opportunities for parent participation.
- 6. Participates in departmental goal-setting to assure a program which is high quality and progressive.
- 6.1 Actively participates in weekly staff meetings.
B.S. in Recreation Therapy or related degree required.
Two (2) years experience working with children strongly preferred
Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated leadership and ability to work with multidisciplinary groups, and culturally diverse populations.
Therapeutic Recreation coursework/experience music background required.
Back to top