Tech Specialist, Stamford, CT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Produces diagnostic radiographs as ordered by a physician following the established policies of the department . Able to provide appropriate care for patients served, regardless of age. Work with manager, director and radiologists to ensure proper and efficient workflow and quality imaging.
- 1. TECHNICAL FUNCTION
- 1.1 Maintains proficiency in all procedures within the section(s). Resolves technical and equipment problems in collaboration with Chief Technologists. Performs and directs procedures as necessary. Becomes acting Chief Technologist Diagnostic/Angio in their absence.
- 2. DAILY OPERATION
- 2.1 Maintains current and acceptable procedure manuals. Working with the staff, researches, evaluates and recommends new procedures, instrumentation and technologies. Provides Quality Assurance and other reports as required. Provides support in the monitoring of the performance, completion, and accuracy of all proficiency tests.
- 3. PLANNING ACTIVITIES
- 3.1 Assists in establishing departmental and section objectives by collaborating with the Chief Tech and Staff to identify Angio/Cath needs. Assists in the implementation of hospital policies and programs as needed. Participates in the formation of the operating and capital budgets throughout the year.
- 4. LEADERSHIP FUNCTIONS
- 4.1 Keeps all employees informed of organization and section policies. Attends departmental meetings and participates on committees as requested.
- 5. PERSONAL CAREER GROWTH
- 5.1 Identifies own learning needs. Attends inservice programs and outside workshops, seminars, training classes and educational programs to keep current in technical and management developments of the field. Demonstrates this knowledge by contributing to improved radiology service.
- 6. QUALITY ATTRIBUTES
- 6.1 Motivates staff of all types and levels to perform and function at their optimum capacity, actively promotes the quality attributes of teamwork, fiscal responsibility, accountability, patient focused care, flexibility, creativity and leadership as required by the Hospital's Mission Statement.
- 7. General Responsibilitiees
- 7.1 Works to assure that all service excellence objectives are achieved.
- 8. Other Responsibilitiees
- 8.1 Mentor to 'new' technologist.
As Allied Technology or Life Science or equivalent Associates Degree preferred, but not required. Minimum of 1 year experience in Angiography and 3 years in General Radiology. MRI and CT certification required.
Minimum 5 years experience in diagnostic imaging, CT and/or MRI. Leadership experience preferred.
Working in a normal clinical Radiology/Angiography/Cath environment, handling test. Intense concentration with instruments or procedures. Works under stressful conditions, interpersonal and computer skills required.
Lifting of medium weight objects. Intense concentration with instruments or procedures for most of the day.
Back to top