SYSTEMS ANALYST -PHYSICS
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Working under the general direction of the Chief of Radiological Physics, designs and coordinates the implementation of computerized systems to meet the clinical and business needs of the Radiological Physics/Therapy departments. Assumes responsibility for the continued development of the departments' local area networks (LANs) and interacts with other hospital and non-hospital staff members in the development and implementation of new LANs that will operate for the purpose of carrying data, voice or images throughout the medical complex. Analyzes and resolves users problems and prepares documentation and informational materials for non-technical users. These include but are not limited to scheduling, registration, report processing and distribution, physician interaction, quality assurance, communication protocols, interfaces, video conferencing and database management. Assists and advises management in areas, such as procurement of hardware and software, cost, installation and use, software modification, database development, and user education, training and orientation. Assists in smooth operation of computer systems in remote Radiological Physics/Therapy satellite locations.
- 1. Understands the basic principles of the radiation, imaging and radiation therapy as applicable to computer equipment and information systems in the Department of Therapeutic Radiology and designs and coordinates the implementation of computerized information systems.
- 1.1 Assists Senior Systems Analyst in system implementation projects, guiding the efforts of other physics staff, vendor personnel and departmental end-users.
- 2. Installs and maintains the computer systems in therapeutic radiology.
- 2.1 Is responsible for monitoring system and network performance, and makes adjustments to hardware and software to ensure that the system operates optimally and in accordance with Hospital standards and practices.
- 3. Designs, implements and supports a video teleconferencing system.
- 3.1 Facilitates training with both video on demand and on-line presentations
- 4. Trains and educates staff in use of computer equipment and liaison with other departments
- 4.1 Evaluates requests for systems development and enhancement. Works closely with Radiation Physics/Therapy medical staff and technicians in defining and documenting current and future system needs.
- 5. Supports physics staff in QA , measurements and maintenance of department equipment
- 5.1 Assists physics staff in measurements.
- 6. Introduces new clinical developments that use computerized equipment
- 6.1 Designs and tests application enhancements to match user requirements.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology field preferred; Associates Degree and 5+years of applicable experience or High School Diploma with 10+ years of applicable experience.
Two (2) or more years of related experience., NA
Must have computer skills, mechanical skills, ability to visualize 3-dimensional geometry and know how to use hand tools, basic shop tools; Must have the ability to work effectively within a diverse IT organization. Must have excellent planning, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must show evidence of diplomacy and patience in working with a wide range of personnel in the hospital environment.
Back to top