Surgical Technologist - ASC
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Specialty Resource Surgical Technologist is a certified technician who, as a result of advanced education and in-depth clinical experience in able to demonstrate proficiency in a defined area of practice. This individual is highly motivated and self-directed and requires minimal supervision in accomplishing his/her duties and responsibilities. He/she actively contributes to the knowledge and growth of self and others and is able to assume more responsibilities outside of his/her area of expertise. Essentials duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Accountable for the delivery of quality patient care in the Operating Room.
- 1.1 Assists with the transportation of patients to and from the O.R.
- 2. Assists with the preparation of equipment and supplies required for the surgical procedure.
- 2.1 Plans for and coordinates supplies and equipment for intra operative use.
- 3. Participates as a team member in the implementation of the patients' plan of care.
- 3.1 Demonstrates proficiency with procedures and equipment appropriateto the O.R. as demonstrated by the skills check list.
- 4. Demonstrates responsibility to the department and a commitment to personal career growth.
- 4.1 Attends 80% of required unit staff meetings; reads and initials all meeting minutes.
- 5. Contributes to the productivity and efficient operation of the department.
- 5.1 Uses time efficiently in regard to overtime and completes assignments with minimal errors and within the shift, as observed by the nurse manager and clinical leaders
High school; graduate from certified technician program preferred and related Operating Room experience with advanced education. National Certification as a Surgical Technologist Preferred. BLS required.
Must meet the criteria for Surgical Technician, has a minimum of 2 years current experience in an operating room and consistently demonstrates competent practice in assigned service. Maintains his/her AST certification and AST membership. Participates in continuing education program attending at least 20 contact hours per year, 75% of which pertains directly to surgical technology. Provides inservice education for other members of the surgical team in current procedures, techniques and equipment.
Ability to perform scrub assistant responsibilities at advanced level. Possess in-depth clinical experience and is able to demonstrate proficiency in defined area of practice.
May be exposed to infectious diseases, hazardous waste and radiation.
Back to top