To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the OR Materials Supervisor, the OR Supply Coordinator is responsible for ordering and managing medical/surgical and clerical supplies used by all operating rooms. This includes the inventory, ordering, receipt, stocking and processing of all materials. Maintains inventory records of supplies on hand, ordered and received. Coordinates the borrowing of supplies/emergency supplies to ensure high customer satisfaction. Actively establishes, reviews and recommends par changes in QSight, SIMS and PDAD to accomplish inventory reduction initiatives. Responsible for the timely and accurate review and processing of patient charges to ensure enhanced revenue to the hospital. Helps to maintain an accurate Lawson database. Ensures appropriate steps taken to comply with the hospital's environment of care requirements within to include removing expired products from the supply areas and clean/organized work areas. Properly executes ORMM vendor policy.
Position located in Anesthesia
- 1. Daily inventories, orders, and receives shelf supplies in the storerooms ensuring stock availability at all locations and for scheduled surgical cases. Reviews the OR schedule and collaborates with Cluster Leaders to process any special order requests needed for scheduled surgeries.
- 1.1 Orders supplies for the Storeroom to maintain appropriate levels of stock in all supply areas based on either established par levels within the Lawson PDAD, QSight application or established par sheets.
- 2. Actively uses QSight to establish, review and recommend par changes to accomplish inventory reduction initiatives.
- 2.1 Identifies and coordinates the implementation of functional equivalent products or formulary requests in collaboration with Cluster Leader's, Administrative Coordinator and Purchasing Department.
- 3. Maintains accurate inventory records, details and levels for all products managed within QSight in accordance with the QSight Working Manual.
- 3.1 Performs setup functions within QSight to assign and identify consignment status, implant status, inspection requirement, price, par level, Lawson number, location, lot number tracking requirement and the contents of count sheets for all products assigned via a description alias.
- 4. Provides customer service to OR staff to assist with locating supplies in the storeroom. Executes and coordinates the routine and emergency procurement and loaning of supplies and equipment as required for scheduled service and follow up with ORMM to identify ways to minimize further incidents.
- 4.1 Contacts vendors to coordinate timely, efficient procurement of emergency supplies not routinely stocked in the Operating Room as requested or needed. Locates, acquires and ensures delivery of appropriate supplies and/or equipment as requested by Cluster Leader, OR staff or Administrative Coordinator.
- 5. Demonstrates thorough understanding of the ORMM Vendor Policy by appropriately triaging all visits to the OR by vendor and ensures appointments were established.
- 5.1 Verifies that all NON-PHOTO ID vendors have an appointment, are properly signed in and have appropriate completed paperwork before issuing a dated sticker allowing access into the OR. No cold calls allowed.
- 6. Ensures appropriate steps taken to comply with the hospital's environment of care requirements to include removing expired products from the supply areas and clean/organized work areas.
- 6.1 Keeps all boxes off floor on pallets or wire racks.
- 7. Performs coverage as needed for the Bone & Tissue regulatory requirements as well as the LVAD destination program to include receiving, reconciling packing slips and implanted items, verifying integrity of the shipped items, logging serial/lot numbers into QSight, complying with audits and assisting Accounts Payable.
- 7.1 Receives bone/tissue and LVAD products, verifies packing slips of shipped product and integrity of shipper
- 8. Assumes responsibility for personal /professional growth and development, the training and development of other staff and the evolution of services in the department.
- 8.1 Actively participates in the training and orientation of new staff documenting competency of trainee.
- 9. Works in cross-functional teams to determine the cause and appropriate resolution of invoicing or accounts payable issues to resolve and proactively manage vendor relations.
- 9.1 Responds to inquiries from various YNHH departments in a timely manner.
- 10. Performs coverage as needed for the Implant Technology/SIMS requirements. Responsible for generating orders, reviewing/setting pars, receiving, and putting product away in the Synthes cabinets and other product lines as assigned. Also responsible for stocking of vendor implant trays and ensuring the accuracy of the kits for surgery. Works with Accounts Payable to review, authorize and reconcile invoices as needed.
- 10.1 Inventories, orders and receives inventory using ORMM computer applications such as SIMS and Lawson.
High School diploma, college preferred.
Minimum of 3 years working with Operating Room Medical/Surgical Supplies in an OR, CSS or Materials Management capacity. Experience with purchasing, accounts payable, and patient billing is preferred. Must be familiar with Materials Management Functions of inventory, ordering, receipt and stocking, review of usage report data and development of appropriate PAR levels. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Lawson, POINTS and SIMS applications preferred. Experience with Federal regulatory requirements such as handling Bone and Tissue products preferred. Experience with ordering, receiving, re-stocking, and managing pars of implants stocked in CSS trays highly desirable.
Must be able to operate a computer for data entry, extraction, report generation and information management. Skills required in researching individual supply requirements and developing plans to ensure product availability prior to scheduled surgery dates. Must be able to perform calculations to establish pars based on usage history. Needs to be familiar with Microsoft Applications such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
Works within the perioperative department and wears surgical attire around supplies. Must be able to lift boxes up to 50lbs. Must be able to stand, squat and walk for prolonged periods of time. Must have the ability to push supply trucks up to 500 lbs.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top