SUPPLY CHAIN PORTFOLIO ANALYST
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for performing complex financial analysis, reporting and presentation of materials to Hospital and Health System Materials Management personnel and Senior Management. Responsible for determining the most efficient and accurate means of mining data elements associated with the procurement of products and services from multiple internal and external databases, information systems, and personnel. Design and implement an efficient format to analyze data and present data, develop an ongoing assessment regarding the quality of the data over time. Provide computer expertise to the department and participate in the preparation of materials for presentations for clinical evaluation committee meetings and Senior management meetings. Must be able to function in a multi-hospital, multi-disciplinary team environment where data is inconsistently tracked and measured.
Please note: This position is full time with benefits but is co-terminus with expected end date around July 2018.
- 1. Determines efficient and accurate means to collect needed data elements from internal and external databases, information systems and personnel across the Health System and the external vendor community.
- 2. Works effectively in multi-disciplinary team environment to determine the methods by which the required data can be efficiently collected.
- 3. Performs the planned data mining and works with Senior Management and Contract Coordinators for inclusion in Request for Proposals, cost analysis, etc.
- 4. Effective communication and follow-up with Hospital and Health System Materials Management personnel, user community at all Hospitals and external vendor representatives to coordinate the collection of data.
- 5. Initiates ongoing reassessment of data extraction to determine the effectiveness and accuracy of the data.
- 6. Produce complex data reporting and analysis for Health System and Hospital Materials Management to facilitate decisions regarding the procurement of products and services.
- 7. Interface and coordinate with individuals from the vertical network Finance departments as a liaison to Materials Management
- 8. Research relevant literature and consult with Manager, outside experts and agencies on the appropriate analysis plan to evaluate the procurement of products and services.
- 9. Coordinates information related to all Health System contracts including contract initiations, renewals, terminations and pricing updates.
- 10. Monitors and oversees time sensitive information for all Health System contracts utilizing MMIS or TractManager. Audits and reports on revenues resulting from rebates associated with Health System contracts.
- 11. Primary contact for all issues and questions related to the Materials Management Information system. Monitors and insures that the system is operating on an optimal basis and that all interface activities have been processed.
- 12. Responsible for maintaining and updating all Materials Management databases. Runs month end reports for Purchasing and Inventory Control. Reviews output to determine whether any systemic problems exist.
- 13. Responsible for month end and year end closings. Insures timely and accurate closing process to support GL reporting requirements.
- 14. Ensure analysis is performed in accordance with accepted Finance principles at the Health System and each Vertical Network.
- 15. Evaluate supply chain data metrics using Novation tools, including Global Spend Analytics, custom reports, price parity and focused assessments to identify potential cost containment initiatives.
- 16. Ensure cost analysis is performed in a method that will be accepted by the Health System and the Vertical Networks. Coordinate with the Vertical Networks regarding budgets as it relates to Materials Management initiatives and their impact on the cost at each Vertical Network.
- 17. Provide computer expertise and data management and analysis assistance to staff and affiliated vertical network users.
- 18. Demonstrate an ability to utilize new web-based tools as they become available and integrate into the day-to-day process of one's own work environment as well as the rest of the Materials Management staff.
- 19. Interact with Senior Management, physicians, Department Heads, Materials Management staff, Vertical Network customers, etc. with a customer focus at all times.
- 20. Pursue professional growth through participation in appropriate seminars and conferences
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
Three years Accounting or Financial Analysis experience including summarizing, analyzing and reporting on procurement/materials data. Knowledge of Financial Principles. Experience in Database Management and managing the input, analysis and reporting using a variety of software packages. One to two years Purchasing, Materials Management or Contract experience.
Ability to perform cost analysis. Excellent analytical and computer skills. Ability to research and interpret data; to include reporting, preparing and presenting data. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to function with multi-disciplinary teams.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top