To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the OR Material Supervisor , the OR Supply Assistant is responsible for daily ordering of assigned on hand inventory within the storeroom and maintaining established par levels on the Lawson PDAD hand-helds. Responsible for the stocking of received supply as a result of assigned storeroom ordering. Responsible for the restocking of daily returns from the OR surgical cases. Responsible for surgical case picks in assigned areas. Responsible for storeroom issuance to the nursing staff while present in the storerooms.
- 1. Monitors replenishment of supplies with established par levels according to OR Materials set pars.
- 1.1 Replenishes perpetual inventory to the storeroom from off-site area, as required, to have necessary supplies readily available based on established par levels.
- 2. Performs daily receiving functions following delivery of supplies from Hospital Materials
- 2.1 Ensures that all loaned supplies for areas outside the designated Operating Rooms are scanned in or out properly and reported to the OR Materials Manager.
- 3. Follows established standards to manage case picking of supplies for the operating rooms.
- 3.1 Reports any discrepancies in work area or potential problems to the OR Materials Manager.
- 4. Responsible for restocking all returned unused product from the operating rooms back into the storerooms
- 4.1 Monthly cycle counts the perpetual inventory and checks for expired supplies, as observed by the OR Supply Supervisor.
- 5. Performs various related special projects as required, in order to contribute to the efficient operation of the OR.
- 6. Maintains a safe and orderly environment within the storerooms in compliance with hospital policies to ensure efficiency of all supply areas.
- 7. Assumes responsibility for personal/professional growth and development.
- 8. Practices adherence to hospital and department Customer Service Standards in interactions such as issuing or helping to locate product with physicians, nurses and all types and levels of staff within and outside of the department and/or the organization.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum one (1) year experience in purchasing, procurement and familiarity with Materials Management functions related to inventory, ordering, receipt and stocking and maintenance of appropriate PAR levels preferable.
Familiarity with inventory management system, preferably handheld technology assisted system. Skills to operate a computer for data entry, extraction, report generation and information management preferable.
Works within perioperative department across pavilions and storerooms as assigned by supervisor. Must wear PPE at all times as required in the OR. Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 lbs. Must be able to push supply trucks up to 500 lbs. Must be able to stand, squat, walk for the entire 8 hour shift as they relate to the performance of assigned duties.
Back to top