SUPERVISOR PHARMACY SERVICES - PEDIATRIC/WOMEN'S SERVICES
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As members of a High Reliability Organization (HRO), every employee should practice CHAMP behavior and strive to make patient safety a top priority. Under the direction of the Manager of Clinical Pharmacy Services, the supervisor provides oversight and support for the development and advancement of clinical pharmacy services with a focus on standardization and optimization of clinical workflow, identification of staff competency needs, and ensuring staff comprehension and execution. Administers and provides HR policies and procedures to direct reports. Works on process improvements that optimize clinical efficiency and medication utilization.
- 1. Supervises clinical pharmacy services personnel. Coordinates the identification, communication and resolution of problems relating to daily activities of clinical pharmacists.
- 2. Encourages and stimulates excellence among employees in work habits, area maintenance, mutual respect, customer service and other activities directly or indirectly related to patient care.
- 3. Holds staff accountable to the responsibilities within the pharmacist career ladder.
- 4. Plans for succession by regularly meeting with direct reports, encouraging and providing opportunities for career development and growth.
- 5. Oversees the work schedules and personnel assignments to best meet departmental needs.
- 6. Performs regular audits and shadows employees to ensure standardized clinical workflow and staff comprehension and execution of drug use guidelines/policies.
- 7. Identifies need for staff education and competency. Coordinates with the other department leadership in the planning and execution of staff development programs, inservice education, and competency assessment.
- 8. Assists manager, clinical pharmacy services in prioritizing daily workflow of unit based pharmacists to achieve department goals.
- 9. Assists in the development and maintenance of programs and policies for monitoring and enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of pharmacy services.
- 10. Responsible for the ongoing development, engagement, and motivation of staff by assuring timely resolution of personnel issues, ongoing communication of performance expectations and completion of performance reviews.
- 11. Participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and performance management of professional staff.
- 12. Administers human resources policies and procedures in accordance with hospital and departmental policy.
- 13. Communicates the status of projects, operations, and staff concerns to the Manager, Clinical Pharmacy Services on a weekly basis or more frequently as issues arise.
- 14. Effectively demonstrates the principles and conduct consistent with a High Reliability Organization.
Graduate of an accredited College of Pharmacy. Advanced degree (M.S. or Pharm.D.) and completion of a residency in hospital pharmacy from a program accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists is strongly preferred.
Three (3) years full time experience in hospital pharmacy practice with a minimum of two (2) years experience in unit-based, clinical pharmacy services. One (1) year of leadership/supervisory experience. (This may include committee involvement, residency preceptor/director role, project management or other experience that demonstrates leadership capability.)
CT pharmacist license eligible
Ability to multitask and remain effective with multiple priorities. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of and proficiency in clinical workflow including CPOE to facilitate all aspects of care delivery. Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes and capability of
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top