SUPERVISOR PHARMACY OPS
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As members of a High Reliability Organization (HRO), every employee should practice CHAMP behavior and strive to make patient safety a top priority. Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy Operations, the supervisor will direct and organize programs, activities and supportive personnel in pharmacy operations. Provision of HR policies and procedures to direct reports that include professional and technical staff. Works on process improvements that improve the pharmacy operational efficiency.
- 1. Supervises and oversees daily on-line inpatient pharmacy technical operations, assuring that drug distribution activities occur in an accurate and timely manner.
- 2. All patient care responsibilites will be performed consistent with age-specific criteria (see attached).
- 3. Ensures that all records and inventory adjustments are processed accurately and products are checked daily in the Manufacturing and Packaging, and Controlled Substance Distribution areas daily.
- 4. Maintains supervision over technicians, and runners working in all inpatient pharmacy operations.
- 5. Coordinates the identification, communication and resolution of problems relating to daily operational activities.
- 6. Encourages and stimulates excellence among employees in work habits, area maintenance, mutual respect, customer service and other activities directly or indirectly related to patient care.
- 7. Prepares and adjusts work schedules and personnel assignments to best meet departmental needs, scheduling of lunches and breaks for staff as needed.
- 8. Enforces institutional and departmental policy.
- 9. Maintains and encourages communication between staff and management groups.
- 10. Assists in the development and maintenance of programs and policies for monitoring and enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of pharmacy services.
- 11. Responsible for the ongoing development and motivation of staff by assuring the timely resolution of personnel issues, ongoing communication of performance expectations and the completion of performance reviews.
- 12. Responsible for developing an annual plan for technical operations to enhance the scope and quality of pharmacy operations.
- 13. Communicates the status of projects, staff concerns, and problems to the Associate Director of Operations on a weekly basis.
- 14. Participates in the department's ongoing management development program.
- 15. Responsible for monitoring and reporting quality indicators, work volume statistics, and project status.
- 16. Effectively demonstrates the principles and conduct consistent with a High Reliability Organization.
Graduation from an accredited college/university with a Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy.
Three (3) years full time experience in hospital pharmacy practice with a minimum of (3) three years experience in pharmacy operations. (1) year of leadership/supervisory experience. (This may include committees, charge, project management or other experience that demonstrates leadership capability.)
CT pharmacist license eligible
Ability to direct a diverse workforce. Ability to manage and remain effective with multiple priorities. Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of and proficient in the operation and use of computer-based information systems to facilitate all aspects of care delivery. Knowledgeable of Quality Improvement processes and capable of implementing concepts.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top