SUPERVISOR COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for supervising the clerical support staff within Perioperative Service Department as well as GI/ Preadmission Testing. Ensures positive interactions with patients, family members, medical staff, third party representatives and hospital personnel. Promotes good customer service in the work environment. Effectively utilizes all computer systems to ensure that the responsibilities of clerical support are met. Assumes in-charge responsibility for all areas during the absence of management or as needed.
- 1. IN CHARGE RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1.1 Coordinates work activities and supervises staff to maintain daily workflow. Develops work-schedules and is responsible for the hiring, training and reviews of employees. Uses good decision-making skills and balances priorities.
- 2. PROBLEM SOLVING
- 2.1 Uses good problem solving methods and resourcefulness to resolve issues. Takes appropriate steps to address problems or, when indicated, refers issues to the appropriate person or Manager for resolution.
- 3. PATIENT/PHYSICIAN EXPERIENCE
- 3.1 Works with staff to ensure a patient/family, physician and employee experience that exemplifies caring, understanding, efficiency and overall quality of service. Demonstrates the ability to balance customer service need for the department
- 4. COMPUTER SYSTEMS
- 4.1 Maintains knowledge of current computer systems, for example those used in registration, scheduling, bed assignment, and patient tracking systems. (Epic, AMION,) Utilizes Microsoft packages.
- 5. CLERICAL SUPPORT AND TRIAGE FUNCTIONS
- 5.1 Using a variety of resources and avenues assesses the needs of our customers at various contact points and takes appropriate steps to either meet the needs or refer the customer to the appropriate person or department for resolution.
- 6. BOOKING AND SCHEDULING FUNCTIONS
- 6.1 Oversee staff who schedule surgical booking appointments in accordance with established medical and hospital policies and procedures.
Associate Degree required Bachelor's Degree preferred. Degree in health science or business preferred.
Previous supervisory experience required. Three or more years experience in a hospital environment with emphasis on registration, scheduling, and patient tracking functions. Experience should involve compliance with scheduling and customer service policies as noted in the medical bylaws and the clinical necessity of admissions.
Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership ability. Has the ability to effectively communicate with all disciplines and all levels of customers both written and verbal. Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs, (including clinical crises on the unit and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with sound judgment and excellent customer relations skills. Strong working knowledge of PC's and related software to prepare a variety of reports. Must be able to work under constant pressure and use strong organizational skills. Demonstrates working knowledge of Medical Terminology.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top