STRATEGIC PLANNER, REGULATORY
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports directly to Director, Strategic Reporting and Regulatory Planning at Yale New Haven Health System. Under the supervision of the director, coordinates state regulatory application and agreed reporting process, as well as regulatory research across the health system. Responsible for completing, under the supervision of the director, various system-wide research surveys at all Delivery Networks including the American Hospital Association Annual Survey and other surveys, Modern Healthcare, and various surveys by state regulatory bodies within the System service area. Creates all reports to senior leadership and state bodies and coordinates the annual Corporate Objectives process. Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Reporting and Regulatory Reporting and coordination with the Director of YNHHS Planning, participates in the annual business plan and year end reporting processes.
- 1. Regulatory Requirements
- 1.1 Develops and coordinates, under the supervision of the director, the Certificate of Need applications for review by the Office of Health Care Access within the CT Department of Public Health and NY, RI and MA Departments of Health (DPHs) across the health system. This includes management throughout the regulatory process from the posting of a public notice to drafting letters of determination, Certificate of Need applications, and completeness questions posed by the DPHs. Manages tasks with responsible administrative officers, departmental representatives, finance staff and outside legal counsel to define the goals and approach of the application, identifies needed inputs and establishes timeframe and responsibility for the development of materials.
- 2. National and State Market Research and Regulatory Surveys
- 2.1 Coordinates completion of various system-wide survey projects at all Delivery Networks including Yale New Haven Hospital, Bridgeport Hospital, Greenwich Hospital, Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, Westerly Hospital, Visiting Nurses Association of South Central Connecticut and Northeast Medical Group. These surveys include, for example, the American Hospital Association Annual Survey (which is used for the US News and World Report Rankings), Community Health Survey, Diversity Survey and others, Modern Healthcare, and various national, state and local surveys.
- 3. Business Planning
- 3.1 Under the direction of the Director of Strategic Reporting and Regulatory Reporting and coordination with the Director of YNHHS Planning, assists in the System strategic planning process: assists in producing the annual System business plans and year-end reports. Assists in gathering content for the business plan process within a continually changing health care environment.
- 4. Data Management and Analysis
- 4.1 To support regulatory activities, creates accurate analysis of all reporting, summary data and external statewide source such as CHIME and analyzes internal financial and operational data across YNHHS. Works with other staff to conduct comprehensive and accurate data analysis and interpretation to support senior level decision-making regarding strategic or regulatory initiatives.
- 5. Senior Management Presentations
- 5.1 Develops quarterly/annual presentations for senior level administrators to include the preparation of written material and the development of oral presentations for senior level administrators, the Board of Trustees, Board committees, Hospital medical staff and external audiences.
Master's degree in Healthcare or Business Administration (or related field) or Juris Doctorate with a health care focus
Minimum of three years of progressive experience in the planning or administration/operations in a healthcare setting; academic medical center preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication, research and analytical skills. Knowledge of CON and other regulatory review processes with the ability to draft and submit regulatory notices, letters and applications with Departments of Public Health/OHCA in multiple states. Ability to foster collegial working relationship with state regulatory staff to assist the research and oversight of the regulatory process, complete regulatory applications while gathering information about new business developments and their relationship to the DPH regulatory framework and process. Working and oversight knowledge of strategic planning, service line management, feasibility analysis of new business opportunities and project management. Project management skills for completion of system-wide surveys. Proficient with computer information systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Ability to work independently with little guidance as well a lead and motivate others.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top