To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general supervision of the Mechanical System Supervisor, operates and maintains the boilers, chillers, compressors and other mechanical equipment which provides for utilities such as lights, heat, power and cooling.
- 1. Operates and maintains the boilers, chillers, compressors and other mechanical equipment which provide for utilities such as light, heat, power and cooling.
- 1.1 Performs routine maintenance, lubrication and cleaning of boiler room equipment on a daily basis.
- 2. Completes and returns all work orders and equipment maintenance records according to departmental guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- 3. Assesses environment for safety hazards, which could harm patients, visitors or Hospital employees and reports them to appropriate supervisors.
- 4. Demonstrates consistent ability to take action and perform all minor and emergency repairs.
- 5. Demonstrates dependability by completing commitments within requested time frames.
- 6. Attends all meetings and equipment inservices as required.
High school or trade school graduate or equivalent.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience in appropriately sized power plant environment.
City of New Haven Engineer's License within 6 months of employment plus, State of Ct S-2 and/or OE-2 license required.
Physical effort is required. Lifting of equipment and minor stress on account of job duties. Heat and humidity are prevalent during the summer months.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY THE TEAMSTERS COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT
Back to top