SR TAX ANALYST
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Manager of System Tax Services, the Senior Tax Analyst will prepare or assist in the preparation of Federal and State tax filings for Yale-New Haven Delivery System, Bridgeport Delivery System and Greenwich Delivery System and prepare or assist in the preparation of other Federal and State tax-associated filings for all related organizations. The Senior Tax Analyst will serve as a mentor to junior staff and act as a tax consultant to all related organizations and identify tax-planning opportunities. Assist in the preparation of responses to inquiries from taxing jurisdictions. Participate in the calculation of tax reserves and provisions for financial statement purposes. Perform calendar and tax compliance system maintenance. Promote the corporate philosophy of improved customer relations.
- 1. Serve as mentor to tax analyst and interns/temporary staff (if applicable). This includes; conducting initial review of tax analyst work prior to tax manager's review, coaching of tax analyst to ensure that corporate protocols and tax department's SOPs are adhered to.
- 2. Develop specific area of expertise (i.e. Form 990 Schedule H, J, K, R, L etc) on the Form 990 and serve as the department's main contact person for questions surrounding this area of expertise.
- 3. Develop proficiency in developing and implementing innovative solutions in the area of tax processes.
- 4. Remain informed with respect to tax law developments and their impact on the delivery network entities.
- 5. Ability to take ownership of assigned projects and drive to completion with minimal supervision.
- 6. Ability to maintain as flexible schedule to accommodate ad hoc projects which require immediate attention
- 7. Coordinate with the system payroll department to gather, analyze and compile compensation disclosures information for the OHCA and Form 990 reporting.
- 8. Assist in the implementation of Federal and State tax planning strategies
- 9. Prepare or assist in the preparation and/or review of Federal and State tax-exempt filing, including Forms 990, 990T, and CT-990T for all related organizations.
- 10. Prepare or assist in the preparation and /or review of other tax-associated filings, such as corporate and partnership income, payroll, property and sales & use tax returns for all related tax-exempt and for-profit organizations, including the preparation of returns, estimated tax payments and extensions.
- 11. Assist in the review of corporate policies to establish compliance with State and Federal regulations in areas such as acquisitions, benefit plans, income taxes, payroll taxes, excise taxes, property taxes and sales & use taxes.
- 12. Prepare deliverables supporting responses to new IRS guidelines and related interpretations.
- 13. Assist in the reconciliation between payroll filings and corporate accounting information.
- 14. Identify planning opportunities to minimize income tax liability for the for-profit entities.
- 15. Maintain a complete tax library to facilitate Federal and State related research.
- 16. Research questions related to State and Federal regulations using available resources. Track and manage client projects/requests and respond in a timely manner.
- 17. Assist in responses to inquiries from State and Federal taxing authorities. Assist in the preparation of responses to information document requests generated by tax audits.
- 18. Participate in the calculation of tax reserves and provisions for financial statement purposes in accordance with FAS109, Accounting for Income Taxes.
- 19. Perform tax calendar maintenance and communicate tax compliance requirements to related entities.
- 20. Perform routine tax compliance system maintenance.
- 21. Promote the corporate philosophy of improved customer relations and work with the team to continuously improve process and productivity.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Accounting. CPA or MBA is preferred but not required.
This position requires a minimum of five years experience in a tax environment, preferable in a not-for-profit environment
Excellent analytical and communication skills will be required at times, to act as the lead contact with administrative/other departments in coordination of activities. Strong knowledge of personal computers. Ability to research Federal and State Tax requirements. Ability to work independently.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top