SR SIMULATION LEARNING CONSULTANT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
In addition to responsibilities for Simulation Learning Consultant below, The Senior Simulation Learning Consultant performs varied, complex, and high stakes work that requires originality and ingenuity, serves as resource to others for problem solving, leads or direct projects, evaluates progress, recommends changes to procedures, and recommends initiatives that align with strategic plan. Assists the Director in identification and development of strategic plans and high priority projects, provides mentorship to colleagues, and encourages teamwork and innovation among the team. Has advanced skills in the specialty of simulation and experiential based learning, responsible for program and curriculum development and management. The Simulation Learning Consultant leads in the design, implementation and evaluation of simulation and experiential based educational processes, which support education and practice throughout the health system. The Simulation Learning Consultant develops educational programs, which support lifelong learning and facilitate the adult learning process. The Simulation Learning Consultant is directly accountable for strategic program development, implementation and evaluation.
- 1. Conducts high fidelity simulation training both directly for clinicians and through train the trainer programs.
- 2. Along with the Director, partners with Management across YNHHS to support and/or design the delivery of appropriate individual, team, and/or organization high fidelity simulation based interventions.
- 3. Partners with internal clients to assess cost saving opportunities utilizing high fidelity simulation and implement business-focused initiatives such as decreasing orientation time for new staff, competency improvement and other initiatives.
- 4. Works closely with customer groups to identify needs/gaps, develop curricula, and design effective implementation of desired interventions.
- 5. Manages multiple system-wide projects, coordinating activities of educators from all delivery networks.
- 6. Assesses, analyzes, and makes improvement recommendations of current tools and programs, as well as on-going review of newly implemented programs and faculty.
- 7. Works toward integration and alignment of all System simulation educational resources.
- 8. Role models teamwork, respect, and all YNHHS values at all times.
- 9. Monitors equitable allocation of workload among Simulation Learning Consultants, works with Director to adjust when needed.
- 10. Crosses fields (example: applies performance management tools and concepts to work)
- 11. Plans, conducts and supervises high stakes, complex assignments.
- 12. Reviews progress , evaluates results, reports back to Director
- 13. Serves as liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations, as necessary.
- 14. Monitors internal continuous performance improvement.
- 15. Assumes responsibility for onboarding of new employees.
- 16. Represents the Director, when unavailable.
MA, MS, or MEd Degree in Adult Learning, Education, Organizational Development, Human Factors or related field required; PhD preferred. Licensed RN, Paramedic, Physician Assistant or similar medical field education preferred.
A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience in education, adult learning, human factors or organizational development required, with minimum 5 years within simulation domain. Must have strong consulting skills, strong presentation skills and experience managing or facilitating change from a consultative role. Experience both in developing and facilitating simulation based education or other experiential learning events required.
Demonstrated commitment to life long learning. Demonstrated ability for role modeling, leadership, and willingness to take on stretch assignments. Must be able to manage multiple projects/tasks concurrently, be detail and client service oriented. Strong consultative & education skills, including reporting. Excellent communication, interpersonal and networking skills . Ability to work effectively with and influence senior management and clinicians. Ability to deal with ambiguity and maneuver through organizational dynamics.
Ability to lift up to approximately 100 pound manikin and associated equipment preferred.
Back to top