SR PROTECT SERV PATROL OFFICER
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides security services to create an environment free of criminal activity which allows the Hospital community to achieve its mission and goals.
- 1. Security and Patrol Duties
- 1.1 Performs foot and vehicle patrol of corridors, passageways, tunnels, stairwells, elevator banks, patient care units, clinics, office space, laboratories, residential and contractual facilities, parking garages and surface lots, loading docks and all other assigned areas. Continuously utilizing standard practices and training to deter, and detain all unauthorized individuals or suspicious circumstances and criminal activity. Report all such incidents, as they occur, to ensure the maintenance of a safe environment for patients, staff and
- 2. Reporting Responsibilities
- 2.1 Compiles detailed written communications, drafts and internal forms and reports of all incidents and activities that affect the general safety and security of the Hospital community and environment, and to ensure proper documentation and appropriate follow-up.
- 3. Support Functions
- 3.1 Performs general support functions to ensure that all services afforded to the Hospital community for safety, security and for public relations are provided upon request and in a professional and timely manner. Performs vehicle and walking escorts to authorized and approved locations. Performs currency escort assignments for Hospital departments within the complex. Operate the Lost and Found, and Patient Valuable systems according to Hospital and Department policies and practices.
- 4. Performs all duties in demonstrating the "I Am Yale-New Haven"
- 4.1 Follows established Hospital and Departmental precautions and procedures in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment for everyone.
- 5. Meets Hospital's attendance and punctuality requirements to ensure proper coverage and quality service to patients, visitors and employees.
Position requires high school diploma or GED, plus graduation from teh Connecticut or other POST approved Police Academy
Four (4) to five (5) years of police experience. Security, in addition to police experience is preferred.
Must have held a "Police Officer" Certification.
Must be able to apply and be issued a Connecticut State Security Officer License from the Connecticut Department of Public Safety (State Police Special Licensing) Must be able to maintain current qualifications for the State Security Officer License Individual must possess/ability to successfully obtain/maintain a valid Connecticut State Pistol Permit Individual must be able to successfully obtain/maintain a valid Connecticut State Security Officer Pistol Permit Individual must be able to successfully pass an annual mandatory pistol re-qualification course in order to maintain a "Senior Protective Services Officer" assignment. Failure to do so will result in a temporary/permanent reassignment to a different job classification, or termination of employment Individual must possess and retain a valid Connecticut Motor Vehicle Operator license, without any lapse Upon successful completion of specialized training, incumbent must be able to operate the Department's radio dispatch system when necessary, or during critical incident situation
Appropriate physical condition for position demands, and responsibility to maintain condition level Position requires the ability to work in a sustained high stress environment.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top