SR OPERATIONAL FINANCIAL ANALYST
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides financial support to include revenue and expense analyses utilizing all available systems to assigned Vice Presidents and Administrative officers. Reporting and analyses includes monthly review of operating budget results, annual operating and capital budget preparation, determination of the financial feasibility of new /revised and existing services or programs and the development of department productivity measurements.
- 1. Collaborates with clinical, operational and financial management at all levels in the organization and utilizing the available systems, develops analyses and reports that meet users needs and are consistent, in support of and complementary to the goals of the Business Plan. Provides seamless clinical and financial data in a usable format allowing for the identification, analysis and evaluation of alternative strategies as solutions of business and operational issues requiring management attention. Where possible, provides comparable benchmarking information of like institutions and networks.
- 2. Develops in-depth working knowledge of operations and acts in capacity of financial liaison to assigned Vice Presidents and Administrative Officers. Provides key financial and clinical data highlighting business and operational issues requiring management attention and resources. Participates in departmental task forces and committees to provide financial input. Provides department managers with orientation of budgetary concepts and accounting procedures. Makes effective recommendations relative to the financial and operational management of departments and activities.
- 3. Reviews preliminary financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial statements. Provides summary of final results with explanations and review with appropriate Vice Presidents, Administrative officers and department managers.
- 4. Integrates, streamlines, operationalizes, and continually evaluates institutional and departmental management systems to improve the "seamless" flow and communication of information.
- 5. Coordinates the preparation of annual operating expense and capital budget proposals and personnel requirements with assigned department heads and Vice Presidents. Assists Vice Presidents in the preparation of budget request presentation for review by executive management. Assists in consolidation and analysis of total budget data.
- 6. Prepares schedules, forms and analyses as required for external benchmark comparison (CHA, UHS, etc...) as required.
- 7. Researches, accumulates, and evaluates all pertinent clinical, operational and financial data regarding the feasibility of introducing new or revising existing services for programs related to internal hospital operations. Develops financial summary with operating and management personnel for review and evaluation by executive management.
- 8. Assists in the annual budget negotiations with external parties and any specific grant proposals.
- 9. Assembles input data as required to provide base for use in financial planning forecasting model.
- 10. Participates and supports Hospital/Health System and Finance customer relations policy and programs. Acts in accordance with the Health System's core values.
- 11. Performs other related duties as required by Manager, Director and assigned Administrative Officers.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required; Masters prepared or CPA desirable.
Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in accounting or finance. Hospital operations and/or experience in a managed care environment preferred.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations, ability to influence the thinking of others. Knowledge of clinical departments, the hospital industry and the health care environment desirable.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top