SR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides administration services for the Databases and operating environments. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the end user resources which includes files ystems, databases, security integration, tables, indices, database schemata, backups, recoveries and special analyses for even the largest enterprise software applications. Designs and Provides infrastructure support, project leadership and assistance. Evaluates and responds to multi-system server and network environment events that have degraded or may degrade the quality of databases and supporting environments. Designs solution mechanisms, provides guidance, training, and information to Users, ITS Engineers, Desktop support, Desktop Engineering and Help Desk Associates.
- 1. Assists in understanding user requirements. Develops and recommends hardware, software, database configurations and tool solutions to satisfy the requirements.
- 2. Provides skilled technical assistance in the development of multi-system data deployments and management services, including design, planning, implementation, and support.
- 3. Resolves security design, data modeling, application adaptation to local standards and practices, access problems, coordinates data additions, changes, and removal. Tracks database backup, performance and integrity.
- 4. Assist in server, client, and application upgrades and installations where appropriate.
- 5. Monitor server performance by utilizing Enterprise Monitoring and Database vendor tools. Monitors disk space usage. Publishes annual review of usage and plan.
- 6. Leads and assists other members of the Database team on infrastructure projects, server/application integration issues, and server data backup and recoveries.
- 7. Helps develop and maintain server standards and procedures and identifies and implements Database best practices.
- 8. Supports the ITS Staff members in performing monthly performance, capacity and availability analysis of the corporate server environment for all of the related components.
- 9. Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or 4-5 years related experience or technical training and/or related experience equivalent in Database administration.
5 years of experience in a technical services and/or systems programming function in a complex distributed network.
Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to work effectively with end users and IS&T professional staff.
This position is currently in North Haven, CT, but may move to Stratford, CT within the next 18 months. Any interested candidate must be willing to work in the Stratford, CT location in the near future.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top