SR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Leads the process to proactively identify the impacts of market changes on business strategies and proposes strategy refinements. Leads the development and implementation of initiatives such as service line management, clinical program planning, capacity planning and new business development projects. Provides project management and oversees staff engaged in key System and Delivery Network planning initiatives, such as System-wide service line initiatives, clinical program planning, new technology assessment and feasibility analysis.
- 1. Develops business plans for delivery networks, system and NEMG.
- 1.1 Develops business cases to size and support potential strategic partnership and technology opportunities. Gains external and internal support to launch new partnership, product or service through detailed assessment of benefits and risks.
- 2. Works in collaboration with other members of leadership team; evaluates and recommends strategies for expansion and enhancement of Hospital programs, business development activities and education. Provides effective strategic sales, marketing, education and materials to target audiences to fulfill strategic business development plan of Care Alternatives.
- 2.1 Supports and directs development teams including planning, marketing, finance, real estate, facilities, legal, etc. to support the development of business plan implementation of new System and service line initiatives.
- 3. Researches and validates local and national market intelligence to develop business development strategies that have specific and measurable goals related to program growth and development.
- 4. Effectively supervises staff and leads the business development team in the identification of market opportunities with healthcare providers and develops strategically focused plans that will result in measurable growth outcomes.
- 5. Coaches and mentors business development team members and members of the interdisciplinary team in areas of assignment.
- 6. Supports the development of Certificates of Need across the system in terms of new business development.
- 7. Supports the Accountable Care Task Force in its experiment for learning about accountable care.
- 8. Supports the development of standard policies, templates, methodologies and processes that delineate common approaches to service line ambulatory business development, including financial modeling.
Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or related field.
5+ Years of progressive experience in the planning or administrative /operational areas of an academic medical center with demonstrated experience leading a staff in business operations or performance improvement initiatives.
Must have excellent oral, written and organizational skills as well as the ability to develop and implement both strategic and operational plans in a matrixed environment. Demonstrated ability to lead staff and influence outcomes within and outside direct span of control. Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top