SR ACCOUNTANT - SPECIALTY PHARMACY
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The position reports to the Finance Manager, Specialty Pharmacy and is responsible for all aspects of the month end general ledger close process and related financial reporting for Medical Center Pharmacy. Key aspects of the job include development and documentation of procedures and standard processes to maximize efficiency of the month-end and year-end close process. It is most important for this position to fully understand Lawson general ledger and related accounting systems/subsidiary ledgers as it relates to the financial close process. This includes an understanding of both the ERP and Operational systems (as well as report writers) and how key files and subsidiary ledgers are updated to the general ledger. This position will also be intimately involve with both the outpatient prescription Revenue and drug Purchasing cycles regarding the outpatient pharmacies, which involves 3rd Party payor contract compliance as well as monitoring of drug costs / inventory. Ensure the month-end process is properly documented and accounted for under GAAP, including the coordination of general ledger account analysis and key analytics, reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers and proper accounting/reporting of accounting data for MCP. Work as liaison between key departments to coordinate and enhance the timeliness and receipt of accounting data, working to improve and document this process. Further duties will include providing accounting, financial, analytical and developmental support in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements, analyses of new drug financial opportunities, sundry reports and internal scorecard information for the operations of the Specialty Pharmacy/Medical Center Pharmacy. Additionally, utilize internal financial suite software to develop and implement financial information that will produce more effective and efficient reporting to administration and department heads .
- 1. Perform and supervise month-end close checklist to ensure all routine entries are posted to general ledger , accuracy of postings and adequate support is provided.
- 2. Spearhead the review, recommendation and implementation of improved month-end close process. Refine methodology and process for month-end close items.
- 3. Assist in the design, implementation, and monitoring of Pharmaceutical inventory management & control processes.
- 4. Review recommendations from outside consultants and Internal Audit, form a committee with the appropriate personnel, put an action plan together with detail steps and timelines, and lead the initiative to implement the recommendations.
- 5. Develops complex financial models to support decision making related to complex business issues including new product development analysis, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, impacts of regulatory changes, capital analysis, revenue models and profit margin analysis.
- 6. Ensure adherence to internal controls over the month-end close process.
- 7. Coordinate the preparation and evaluate all pertinent financial data related to the feasibility of introducing new and revising existing services and reporting for the position's respective responsibilities.
- 8. Review processes and operations to avoid duplication of efforts between related departments.
- 9. Participates in and supports customer relations policy and programs.
- 10. Using our internal financial software, improve accounting, timing, quality and effectiveness of reports
- 11. Reconciles bank accounts, cash control sheets, accounts receivable reports and other financial data as required to ensure accurate reporting.
- 12. Prepares and analyzes teh monthly financial statements and reports to produce forecasts of business , industry and/or economic conditions for use in making sound financial decisions
- 13. Develops financial models to support decision-making
- 14. Assists in driving change as needed to improve financial condition for the organization
- 15. Monitor 3rd Party Receivables and investigate & resolve discrepancies involving short -pays and/or contract compliance issues
- 16. Review and analyze drug purchasing costs for appropriateness and accuracy; monitor drug inventory valuation and levels
- 17. Performs other related duties as required by the Manager of Finance, Specialty Pharmacy
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related financial discipline.
Three (3) to Five (5) years experience in a variety of progressively responsible accounting activities in a health care environment preferred (eg general accounting, financial statement preparation, financial planning budget etc ); or experience involving billing, collections, and other Financial responsibilities with an Outpatient/Retail pharmacy.
Preferred certification of CPA and/or CPhT Certification
Excellent analytical and communication skills. Strong personal computer background. Enterprise Resource Planning and other financial software experience preferred. Ability to research and interpret accounting and health care industry standards. Ability to work under broad directions; ability to motivate and lead.
Back to top