Sr. Accountant - Grants & Contract
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Senior Financial Accountant/Analyst - Grants & Contracts reports to the Director of Operations and provides accounting, budget and financial analysis to leadership for multiple government and non-government contracts and grants in the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE). Prepares budgets, develops revenue and expense analyses and reports, analyzes variances, prepares invoices, tracks subcontractor expenses, and prepares budget proposals for contracts and grants. Works closely with CORE managers, Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale New Haven Health System and Yale University finance departments to set up cost centers and track salary and non-salary resources shared between the organizations. Provides input in establishing and implementing operational and financial audit processes to improve accuracy and efficiency and ensure compliance with YNHH, YNHHSC, Yale University and sponsor requirements.
- Prepares CORE operating and capital budgets and schedules.
- Works with CORE leadership and managers to develop accurate and standardized budgets and reports that meet customer's needs and supports CORE business operations and institutional requirements.
- Work with Administrative Assistants in ensuring proper documentation is maintained in the vendor files and in implementing expense tracking policy and procedures.
- Analyze monthly cost center budget report and payroll reports and prepare necessary journal entries to transfer expenses to the appropriate YNHH cost centers as well as Yale University grant accounts.
- Analyze and review funding balance sheet accounts and work with YNHH Corporate Finance and Yale University Business Offices in making adjustments.
- Oversee subcontractor and consultant agreements working with project managers and legal department to ensure scope of work, deliverables, budgets and invoices are aligned with prime contractor requirements and YNHH, YNHHSC and Yale University standards.
- Reviews financial results on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial statements. Provides summary of final results with explanations and reviews with CORE leadership and managers. Provides key financial data highlighting business and operational issues requiring management attention and resources. Prepares necessary journal entries to transfer salary and non-salary expenses to appropriate CORE cost centers.
- Assist the Director and Medical Director in reviewing new and existing business development projects, establishing pricing models for new products and services, determining financial feasibility of the project proposals, establishing benchmarks and providing break-even information.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable, invoicing and reimbursement functions for all contract and grant proposals. Establish systems, policies and procedures in regards to billing, payments, follow up and account reconciliation.
- Coordinates the preparation of new and revised contract and grant budget proposals in accordance with funding agency requirements. Researches government contract and grant requirements and standards for submitting costs proposals. Prepares budget justifications and assumptions for the basis of estimates.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service internally and in the capacity of financial liaison between CORE and Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale University Business Offices as well as external funding agencies. Maintains accurate and complete financial records and supporting documents for internal and external auditing..
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Bachelors degree in Accounting required. Masters degree preferred.
5 -7 years experience in a financial accounting and budgeting. Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and strong analytical skills using advanced Excel features and cost accounting software including Unanet or other software. Experience with federal and non-federal contracts and grant cost accounting procedures and requirements.
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate financial information and explain reports to leadership and other business agencies. Must be self-starter as well as team player, organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects in a given time, including during deadline periods. implements processes to streamline work and ensure accuracy. This position requires incumbent to be a "superuser" of Unanet cost-accounting system. Must be able to form positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING
Back to top