SPECIALTY TEAM COORDINATOR-EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the ongoing management of the ED patient care and operations to facilitate clinical and service excellence to include: the management of ED nurses and staff, the management of the delivery of quality patient care and the facilitation of patient flow to internal and external resources; the facilitation of efficient operations to support the delivery of patient care; and the ongoing management of regulatory and organizational compliance requirements. Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with the Bridgeport Hospital mission, values and customer service standards.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Manages the performance of Emergency Department nurses and staff to facilitate clinical and service excellence.
- 1.1 Reviews resumes and applications and identifies candidates to participate in the selection process.
- 2. Manages the ongoing delivery of quality patient care and facilitates patient flow to internal and external resources.
- 2.1 Receives and provides report, and evaluates ED volume, patients' status, staffing resources and operational requirements. Deploys resources accordingly.
- 3. Manages and administers clinical and operational resources to facilitate the delivery of patient care.
- 3.1 Prepares and executes the schedules of EDT, RN, and Business Associates to meet ongoing patient and operational requirements and in consideration of ED budget constraints.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred. Minimum requirement-must be actively enrolled in a BSN/MSN program.
Minimum 3-5 years experience of Emergency Department Experience. Charge nurse experience. Progressive leadership experience desirable with proven track record of success in program development or participation, program implementation in areas of clinical patient care management, staff development and specialty services materials management.
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.
Back to top