SOCIAL WORKER-Per Diem
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Social Work services to the hospital's patients and their families. Services are designed to address psycho-social and environmental factors which impact on the functioning and/or recovery of the patients and families. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Provides clinical social work services which may include crisis intervention, advocacy, bereavement counseling, information and referral, behavioral intervention to patients/families/significant others.
- 1.1 Interviews patients, families, or significant others upon referral by Care Coordinator, or hospital staff.
- 2. Maintains effective, open communication with all members of the health care team and other hospital staff.
- 2.1 Functions as an active, contributing member of an inter-disciplinary team as measured by feedback from health care team.
- 3. Maintains appropriate patient records as mandated by department policies.
- 3.1 Completes written report in EMR of evaluation and plan for patients' chart on the day of initial consultation as indicated by review of charts and supervisory observation.
- 4. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with community agencies/facilities and service providers to enhance the availability of resources and to facilitate patient access.
- 4.1 Demonstrates knowledge of community resources and utilizes them effectively as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Demonstrates knowledge of department/hospital programs policies and procedures.
- 5.1 Identifies problem areas or gaps in services in hospital and department in accordance with professional standards measured by supervisory observation.
- 6. Professional development.
- 6.1 Attends educational seminars to maintain and meet expectations set forth by Hospital and departmental standards.
Master's Degree in Social Work.
Experience in health care setting and crisis intervention skills preferred.
For staff hired before May 15, 2014, must be license eligible within 2 years of hire/transfer into this position and have received license within 3 years of hire/transfer into this position.
For staff hired after May 15, 2014, LMSW is required upon hire. LMSW hires must be license eligible within 2 years of hire/transfer into this position and have received license within 3 years of hire/transfer into this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and/or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Back to top