Social Worker LCSW, Per Diem
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assists all staff in generating service excellence. Is a resource to counselors in facilitating treatment and discharge planning. Mentors and coaches staff in facilitating intakes, diagnostics, scheduling of patients and staff vacations. Monitors documentation. Can fill in counseling or family counseling needs when the occasion presents itself. Works closely with manager and clinical leader to maintain and support quality improvement. Assures appropriate insurance approvals are obtained prior to patients enrolling or continuing in treatment.
- 1. Available to assist staff in facilitating the implementation and review of treatment and discharge plans.
- 2. Mentors and coaches staff in facilitating intakes, scheduling patient diagnostic assessments and admissions while monitoring
- 3. Maintains skills to fill in any counseling or family counseling position when needed.
- 4. Is responsible for demonstrating leadership by setting priorities, collaborative problem solving, and constructive feedback, and is a supportive team member utilizing learned skills to promote service excellence.
- 5. Is responsible for personal and professional growth, development, and competency. Also for being involved in quality improvement planning, monitoring and implementation. Responsible for identifying self improvement initiatives and reporting on their progress and/or completion
- 6. Is responsible for communicating with the manager and peers in a collaborative manner in order to enhance patient care, program development, identifying needs and sharing progress.
- 7. Collaborates with clinical leader and treatment team in daily assignments, patient assignments, consultations, diagnostic assessments, insurance verification, approval and admission /continued stay of patients
- 8. Provides structured group supervision for counseling staff to discuss clinical issues and discharge planning.
- 9. Acts as mentor and advisor for student interns
Masters in Social Work. Connecticut license required.
Two (2) to five (5) years experience in family and individual counseling. Substance abuse treatment preferred. Case management experience required
Licensed CLinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Must be able to work as a team player. Basic computer skills.
May be exposed to infectious diseases. High to moderate stress. Need to work harmoniously with different people.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top