Service Line Educator - MSC & Neurosciences Administration
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is accountable for the provision of quality outcome-based educational programs and practice support, which promote initial and ongoing competency and continuous development of nursing staff. Accountable 24/7 for staff education needs.
- 1.1 Develops, organizes, implements and evaluates Unite-Based and Service Line education and programs to ensure competencies of nursing personnel.
- 2.1 Demonstrates knowledge of the American Nurses Association Standards for NursingProfessional Development.
- 3.1 Use multiple approaches and sources of information to identify and validate nursingservice personnel's learning needs.
- 4.1 Conducts learning needs assessments regularly to identify organizational, departmental and units education and practice needs.
- 5.1 Develops educational offering based on organization/clinical priorities and the learningneeds of the intended audience.
Resource & Facilities:
- 6.1 Demonstrates knowledge of the financial resources available and the impact on program design.
Records and Reports:
- 7.1 Identifies organizational, service line and external agency requirements fordocumentation and record keeping.
- 8.1 Promotes best practice in bedside care.
- 9.1 Assists in the identification of staff for preceptor development.
- 10.1 Facilitates unit orientation for nursing students by collaborating with the core department.
- 11.1 Integrates nursing performance indicators in education activities.
- 12.1 Seeks out opportunities for professional growth through organizational affiliations or certification within specialty area.
Bachelor's Degree - BSN required.
3-5 years of active clinical nursing experience, one year of relevant teaching experience preferred, Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred
Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred
3-5 years recent ICU and acute care M/S unit experience required with strong background in neurosciences required.
1 year of relevant teaching experience preferred.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. MSN preferred.
Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: please complete the application, including all work experience, healthcare related or not. Incomplete applications will not be considered/referred to the hiring manager.
Back to top