Service Line Educator - MSC & Neurosciences Administration
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is accountable for the provision of quality outcome-based educational programs and practice support, which promote initial and ongoing competency and continuous development of nursing staff. Accountable 24/7 for staff education needs.
- 1.1 Develops, organizes, implements and evaluates Unite-Based and Service Line education and programs to ensure competencies of nursing personnel.
- 2.1 Demonstrates knowledge of the American Nurses Association Standards for NursingProfessional Development.
- 3.1 Use multiple approaches and sources of information to identify and validate nursingservice personnel's learning needs.
- 4.1 Conducts learning needs assessments regularly to identify organizational, departmental and units education and practice needs.
- 5.1 Develops educational offering based on organization/clinical priorities and the learningneeds of the intended audience.
Resource & Facilities:
- 6.1 Demonstrates knowledge of the financial resources available and the impact on program design.
Records and Reports:
- 7.1 Identifies organizational, service line and external agency requirements fordocumentation and record keeping.
- 8.1 Promotes best practice in bedside care.
- 9.1 Assists in the identification of staff for preceptor development.
- 10.1 Facilitates unit orientation for nursing students by collaborating with the core department.
- 11.1 Integrates nursing performance indicators in education activities.
- 12.1 Seeks out opportunities for professional growth through organizational affiliations or certification within specialty area.
Bachelor's Degree - BSN required.
3-5 years of active clinical nursing experience, one year of relevant teaching experience preferred, Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred
Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred
3-5 years recent ICU and acute care M/S unit experience required with strong background in neurosciences required.
1 year of relevant teaching experience preferred.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. MSN preferred.
Current CT Registered Nurse License, Certification in nursing staff development and/or specialty area preferred.
PLEASE NOTE: please complete the application, including all work experience, healthcare related or not. Incomplete applications will not be considered/referred to the hiring manager.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top