RISK MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supports Risk Manager in the management of Events, analysis of data and sharing of knowledge gained.
Responsible for system and data management, maintenance, education and training. Supports the Risk Manager by serving as the primary liaison to the organization for communication of Event Reporting data analysis.
Analyze data, prepare reports, facilitate groups and provide consultative services related to all areas of event data management.
- 1. Monitor the Event Report System
- 2. Primary resource and liaison for the department to ensure the event reporting applications function as intended.
- 3. Facilitates system user education and training content. Responsible oversight of risk educational content.
- 4. Responsible for the triage of hospital reported events. Supports compliance with mandated reporting requirements.
- 5. Support Risk Manager and Operations in the monitoring, tracking and resolution of reported events.
- 6. Responsible for follow-up of open events status to ensure action and/or closure in a timely manner.
- 7. Responsible for the notification and completion of event follow-up requirements with the Risk Manager and responsible department leaders.
- 8. Responsible for development and dissemination of organizational aggregate event reporting to administration and management.
- 9. Responsible for development, creation and maintenance of standardized and adhoc reporting to all levels of management.
- 10. Compiles database and analyzes data for the identification of possible trends.
- 11. Monitor and track corrective actions resulting from experienced events.
- 12. Primary resource and liaison to other YNHHS facilities.
- 13. Disseminate proactive risk management data to identifying further review needs or actions for improvement and participates in hospital-wide continuous quality improvement process.
- 14. Provides consultation and leadership to members of the clinical staff for the implementation of programs intended to improve practice and the quality of care and the resolution of identified issues.
- 15. Other duties as assigned.
- 16. Acts a leader and change agent promoting high reliability principles for safety event management.
Bachelor's degree required; Bachelor's degree in health-related field preferred. Registered Nurse preferred.
3-5 years experience in Healthcare Industry required. Clinical experience preferred.
Strong personal computer skills, including familiarity with systems maintenance functions, e-mail, document, spreadsheet, database and presentation software experience. Proficient in PC desktop applications. Solid statistical understanding, analytical skills and report development. Strong organizational, follow-up skills and verbal and written communication skills.
Office environment. May be required to go to patient care locations to meet with staff and/or management. May be required to travel to other YNHHS facilities to meet with staff and/or management.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top