RESP THERAPIST 1 PULM FUNC LAB
2 Positions Available, both 24 hrs
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs pulmonary function and arterial blood gas testing, billing, calibrations, and maintenance of equipment.
- 1. Performs arterial blood gas analysis, exercise studies, methacholine challenge, shunt studies and pulmonary function tests to aid in the management and diagnosis of patients.
- 1.1 Performs accurate, precise pulmonary function testing (inclusive of above) daily, 100% of the time as observed by the supervisor, applies age-specific criteria.
- 2. Calibrates and maintains equipment to ensure accurate results.
- 2.1 Performs daily calibration of pulmonary function testing equipment 100% of the time as observed by the supervisor.
- 3. Assumes responsibility for maintaining clincial competency through continuing education, professional growth and development
- 4. Completes billing forms as required and may perform patient scheduling duties as needed.
- 4.1 On a daily basis, assists in submitting proper charges to billing department; submits weekend billing Monday mornings as observed by the supervisor.
Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy; Bachelor's degree preferred. Degree in Respiratory Therapy/Care must be from a CoARC Accredited program.
Minimum of two years experience as a Respiratory Therapist; experience in Pulmonary Function, preferred.
Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP), Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Certified Pulmonary Function Technician (CPFT) required within 1 year of hire; Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT) preferred.
The technologic development and advances in the field of pulmonary medicine require up-to-date knowledge and experience in pulmonary function testing. Computer literacy and strong mathematical skills are also desired. Excellent verbal communication skills required; ability to communicate to both patients and physicians.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Back to top