Research Scientist, QMP
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Research Scientist, Quality Measurement Programs (QMP) leads in the development, maintenance, and implementation of national health care quality measures and advances measurement methods. Reporting to the Director, QMP, the primary role is to serve as Technical Lead for specific deliverables for a large Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) funded multi-year contract developing and maintaining hospital quality measures for national public reporting and tracking quality trends. Provides technical leadership and content expertise for the development of deliverables under the guidance of the Director, QMP working with a diverse team of consultants, statisticians, clinicians, health services researchers, and project support staff to meet contract deliverables.
- Lead team decision-making, ensuring that analytic decisions are made collaboratively with lead analyst; present key methodological decisions to directors/team; ensure communication with subtask on decisions (with timely accurate minutes, etc)
- Ensure timely completion of high quality task deliverables (e.g. literature reviews, technical reports, measure forms, communications materials, and papers)
- Review and sign off on task management plan (time-lines with interim deadlines)
- Manages resources to budget for assigned contract tasks
- Track progress and make adjustments to plan, seeking assistance from Director, QMP, when needed
- Problem solve methodological/team/process issues that arise with directors and statisticians
- Recruit and liaise with external experts for special consultation
- Provide direction to project coordinators and research assistants
- Communicates project status and results to funding agencies and other stakeholders through briefings, presentations and written materials
- Mentor team members in technical aspects of project/deliverable
- Assist in drafting manuscripts
- Support development of new contracts/grants and IRB submissions
Graduate degree required; MD or PhD required. Formal training in health services research methods also required.
Minimum two (2) years experience in health care quality field required. Clinical experience strongly preferred. Excellent writing skills as evidenced through peer-reviewed publications required. Excellent verbal communication skills. Demonstrated mastery of epidemiology and excellent analytical skills. Experience managing professional staff strongly preferred. Teaching experience desired. Demonstrated experience collaborating with other government contractors or independent non-government agencies that support outcomes measure work.
Comprehensive knowledge of health care quality measurement methods and policy. Comprehensive knowledge of policies pertaining to research studies. Working knowledge of computer software to support research project(s). Well developed oral and written communication, statistical, organizational, and analytical skills that including the ability to bring clinical knowledge to analytic questions. Project management, supervisory and training skills. Experience leading a multidisciplinary staff. Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously that cover a broad range of technical areas and adhering to deadlines.
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING
Back to top