RESEARCH PROJECT COORDINATOR II
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Project Coordinator II is responsible for coordinating tasks for multifaceted government and nongovernment funded grants and contracts in the Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE). This position requires substantive knowledge and experience in health services research methods and project coordination in quality measurement or related work in health care. Incumbent will ensure that project tasks and activities are tracked and monitored to ensure project deliverables are completed according to established timelines. Prepares project management plans and timelines; develops study protocols, data collection tools and procedures; and prepares institutional review board applications, progress reports and operations manuals. Must have a clear understanding of the overall project scope of work and be able to communicate effectively in a matrixed environment comprised of physicians, health services researchers, statisticians, research staff and external agency staff.
- 1. Assists the Project Leadership with developing the project management plan; establishing goals and objectives, and defining the work involved in completing the tasks.
- 2. Oversees, coordinates and assesses the day-to-day operation of CORE grants and contracts.
- 3. Coordinates and conducts project meetings with staff, project leaders and the study collaborators to ensure the tasks are completed according to timelines. Prepares agendas, minutes and follows up with team members on action items.
- 4. Oversees research assistants' work related to the project. Reviews and ensures quality of their work products.
- 5. Understands basic statistics and works closely with the statistical analysts on the project.
- 6. Designs and develops study tracking systems using software such as MS Excel and MS Project to assist with project implementation and management.
- 7. In collaboration with the Project Leadership, develops protocols, study procedures, and data collection forms to support the implementation and completion of study or contract deliverables. Pilots protocols and communicates problems incurred in data acquisition, data collection or analysis and makes recommendations for improvement.
- 8. Develops quality control procedures and oversees the collection, verification and processing of data collected from study subjects or organizations.
- 9. Prepares Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications and Data Use Agreements (DUA) and ensures they are up-to-date and revised according to Yale-New Haven Hospital/Health System, Yale University and sponsor requirements.
- 10. Prepares study reports and presentations utilizing a variety of computer software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and MS Visio.
- 11. Coordinates and aids in the development of manuscripts and final reports. Prepares and presents briefings and status reports for internal teams and external agencies.
- 12. Communicates effectively with multiple stakeholders including sponsors, professional societies, collaborating centers, subcontractors, consultants and other agencies/organizations involved in the grant or contract activities.
Bachelor's degree in public health, nursing, healthcare or related field. Master's degree preferred.
A minimum of four (4) years experience and a master's degree or six (6) years experience and a bachelor's degree coordinating health care research studies or government/private contracts. This position requires substantive knowledge and project coordination experience in health services research, quality of healthcare or related work in health care. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a matrixed organization comprised of highly technical individuals. Experience using a variety of computer software programs (MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Project, SAS/SPSS) to support project work.
Comprehensive knowledge of research methodology, study design, statistical methods, study implementation, and coordination of multifaceted research or contracts involving multiple stakeholders and highly technical individuals working in a matrixed environment. Well developed oral and written communication skills. Supervisory and training skills.
THIS POSITION IS CO-TERMINUS WITH FUNDING
TWO POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top