To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A registered professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care and assumes the responsibility and accountability for prescribing, delegating and coordinating that care; assumes the responsibility for the direction of patient care through the resource nurse role; acts as a mentor for staff and students; provides programs for select staff.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Demonstrates skill in assessment of health care needs.
- 1.1 Demonstrates comprehensive skills in observing & collecting health care data through interviewing, observing, performing systems assessment & identifying patient support system on admission according to hospital policy.
- 2. Demonstrates skill in planning for patient health care needs.
- 2.1 Initiates clinical pathway utilizing information from initial assessment and guidelines for nursing care according to hospital policies.
- 3. Demonstrates skills in implementing patient care in order to meet patient care needs.
- 3.1 Prioritizes patient care based on assessment.
- 4. Demonstrates skill in evaluating care delivered.
- 4.1 Assesses patient responses to medical and nursing interventions based on expected outcomes.
- 5. Documents outcomes appropriately, accurately and consistently.
- 5.1 Completes Admission Assessment Forms.
- 6. Performs decentralized laboratory testing, as credentialed and following established policies and procedures.
- 6.1 Appropriately collects specimens, performs test and interprets results.
- 7. Demonstrates leadership skills and professional growth.
- 7.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement, sets specific realistic goals for self-development & sets target dates for completion through ongoing communication with supervisor.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN or higher degree preferred. If non BSN, must show evidence of active enrollment in minimum of a BSN program.
Minimum of one year of experience in acute care setting. ACLS AND PALS REQUIRED/CRITICAL CARE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire.
Demonstrated evidenced of interpersonal skills. Successful completion of orientation. All staff members must meet the criteria for their clinical level on an annual basis, as defined in the Professional Ladder. The individual nurse must submit written documentation to their manager, a checklist will be provided on the intranet under the Shared Governance site supporting maintenance of advanced clinical status to the Manager. The nurses supporting documentation must be submitted thirty days before annual evaluation is due or by the nurse managers discretion. The checklist will then be sent to the director for their signature and filed in your personnel folder. Failure to meet criteria by the evaluation due date will result in a demotion that will have an impact on pay rate. The employee may voluntarily withdraw their clinical ladder status and be demoted. This eval must be accompanied by documentation of all the activities performed during the eval year as listed below and on checklist. The following performance standards MUST be met annually to maintain Professional Nurse Status. Should these criteria stand unmet, the PN2 status is reduced to a PN1, as appropriate to the standards that have been met. (Continued below in Accountability)
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top