Registered Nurse-Geriatric Psych P/D
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A registered professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care and assumes the, responsibility and accountability for prescribing, delegating and coordinating that care.
"Come Grow With Us"
- 1. Demonstrates basic skill in assessment of health care needs.
- 1.1 Demonstrates basic skill in interviewing, observing and collecting health care data, performing systems assessment, identifying patient support system on admission according to hospital policy.
- 2. Demonstrates basic skill in planning for patient health care needs.
- 2.1 Initiates clinical pathway utilizing admission assessment and guidelines for nursing care according to hospital policies.
- 3. Demonstrates basic skills in implementing care to meet patient care needs.
- 3.1 Prioritizes patient care based on assessment.
- 4. Demonstrates basic skill in evaluating care delivered.
- 4.1 Assesses patient responses to medical and nursing interventions based on expected outcomes.
- 5. Documents outcomes appropriately, accurately and consistently.
- 5.1 Completes Admission Assessment Forms.
- 6. Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional growth, as evidenced by supervisory feedback and/or direct observation.
- 6.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as evidenced by completion of self assessment skills checklist and ongoing communication with supervisor.
- 7. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed and following established policies and procedures.
- 7.1 Appropriately collects specimens, performs test and interprets results.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Those with a Diploma or Associate's Degree need to show evidence that they are actively enrolled in a BSN or MSN program.
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire.
Good interpersonal skills. Successful completion of orientation.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing and touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top