REGISTERED NURSE- NEW OBSERVATION UNIT
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Exciting opportunity to be a part of a new Observation Unit. This unit embraces innovation and collaboration of the Emergency Department and Hospitalists teams. This is a unique, fast-paced, progressive unit providing care to a wide variety of patients. We are a team with strong, collaborative leadership and strong physician/nurse relations. We value teamwork which allows you to function in an autonomous manner utilizing a high level of critical thinking skills. If you are adaptable, possess strong clinical skills, embrace change, and value providing exceptional care and compassion to your patients, consider joining our team.
A registered professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care and assumes the responsibility and accountability for prescribing, delegating and coordinating that care.
“Come Grow With Us”
- 1. Demonstrates basic skill in assessment of health care needs.
- 1.1 Demonstrates basic skill in interviewing, observing and collecting health care data, performing systems assessment, identifying patient support system on admission according to hospital policy.
- 2. Demonstrates basic skill in planning for patient health care needs.
- 2.1 Initiates clinical pathway utilizing admission assessment and guidelines for nursing care according to hospital policies.
- 3. Demonstrates basic skills in implementing care to meet patient care needs.
- 3.1 Prioritizes patient care based on assessment.
- 4. Demonstrates basic skill in evaluating care delivered.
- 4.1 Assesses patient responses to medical and nursing interventions based on expected outcomes.
- 5. Documents outcomes appropriately, accurately and consistently.
- 5.1 Completes Admission Assessment Forms.
- 6. Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional growth.
- 6.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as evidenced by completion of self assessment skills checklist and ongoing communication with supervisor.
- 7. Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed and following established policies and procedures.
- 7.1 Appropriately collects specimens, performs test and interprets results.
LICENSURE: Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire. ACLS preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 year of RN experience in a hospital setting required. Telemetry skills required.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Those with a Diploma or Associate's Degree need to show evidence that they are actively enrolled in a BSN or MSN program.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Good interpersonal skills. Successful completion of orientation.
Back to top