Registered Nurse - ASC
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Ambulatory Surgical Center is situated at 55 Holly Hill. Located on the third floor, the facility has a fully functioning Pre- Op and Post Op areas with 4 state of the art Operating Rooms suites where efficiency and quality care is the hallmark. HASC provides highly qualified board certified surgeons for same-day surgical procedures, including ophthalmology, oculoplastics, and gynecological, plastic, pediatric, orthopedic and arthroscopic surgeries, all with full anesthesia coverage. HASC is staffed with highly trained RN’s (ACLS and PALS) in the Pre Op/Post Op area and Operating Room. HASC provides highly skilled nursing care, assesses the patient as a whole and provides pre op/post op instructions to promote a positive surgical experience for the patient and family.
The Registered Nurse practices within the Patient and Family Centered Care Model will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for patients, coordinate ancillary staff and collaborate with interdisciplinary health care team.
- 1. Nursing Practice/Nursing Process
- 1.1 Delivers and coordinates safe, competent, and effective patient focused care demonstrating knowledge and clinical proficiency within their practicing specialty area.
- 2. Professional Integration
- 2.1 Serves as a positive professional role model demonstrating accountability and responsibility through professional behavior.
- 3. Leadership
- 3.1 Uses effective communication, time management and prioritization skills.
- 4. Communication/Collaboration
- 4.1 Demonstrates a commitment to honor and respect the dignity of each person within their department/unit
- 5. Quality/Performance Management
- 5.1 Contributes to department effectiveness by offering suggestions and ideas that improve performance.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing; BSN strongly recommended.
1-3 years experience.
RN in State of Connecticut or Permit; Basic Life Support (BLS)
May be exposure to infectious diseases. Will be exposed to physical, mental and emotional illness as well as end of life conditions and death. Moderate stress and risk of injury from patient care. Standing/walking for more than half of the day. Frequently bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting and lifting. Must be able to assist pushing/pulling/lifting patients ranging from five (5) to three hundred (300) pounds.
See Inside the Office of Yale New Haven Hospital
Yale New Haven Hospital provides diverse comprehensive care in over 100 medical specialties. As the primary teaching hospital of the Yale School of Medicine, YNHH provides around-the-clock coverage and insightful, research-supported patient care. In addition to providing quality medical care to patients and families, Yale New Haven Hospital is the second largest employer in the New Haven area, with more than 12,000 employees.
Back to top